Kid reviews for Crusader

Crusader Poster Image

Good for people that are mature enough to handle things.

I found this book to be very intriguing. I seen the book was written in 1991, before I was born. But stuff like this still happens these days. Drugs are used, kids get into games a lot more, prejudice is still here whether we want to admit it or not, and many people are still committing suicide. I do recommend this book to anyone.

I loved the book; even though it was sad at times.

Edward Bloor really knows what the real world is like. It's not all about the good times, where everyone has a happy ending. Roberta's life, I'll admit, does suck at many times. But, at the end, I was proud that she stood up to her could-care-less father, how Stephen Cross came out and told her the truth, and that her cousins' mom was coming down to be with them. I could never figure out if they lived in Florida or Arkansas.
not rated for age

Took them awhile to review this too...

Okay, here's the deal: I read this book in seventh grade (I was about 12) and I didn't have that many problems with the content. What is described above is accurate, although, some teens might not like the book just because it is a little slow at times. I can see how some can relate to this story and all that, but if your looking for a good book and thats it, then this would be a fair choice.
not rated for age

Crusader; thrilling, emotional, andenjoyable all at once.

This book was very well written. I would not recomend it for younger children (probably not for someone under 10). The characters are very realistic. Anyone could realt to at least one of the many characters. I applaude this book. It's one of my favourits.