All parent member reviews for Curious George

Parent Written bykimcsw February 18, 2010

Too mature for my toddler.

This is the very original origin story of Curious George and the man in the yellow hat meeting originally published in 1941 which is very different than the origin story portrayed in the 2006 movie Curious George. Children born in the 21rst century and their parents who are familiar with the Curious George and man in the yellow hat from the 2006, 2009, 2010, movies; the PBS math/science television series, and the Curious George stories created in the last 30 years will find this early 20th century story disturbing in some parts. The man in the yellow hat traps and kidnaps George against his will in Africa for a zoo in America. There is a perilous incident where George almost drowns in the ocean on the voyage to America. There is tobacco pipe smoking by both George and the man in the yellow hat in different parts of the story. George goes to prison for accidentally calling the fire department when playing around with the phone. George is never wanted or adopted by the man in the yellow hat, but put in the zoo after he is recaptured from his escape from prison.
Parent of a 5 and 7 year old Written byJamie and James March 14, 2010

Not just for kids...

Every night we have a read aloud. We read two books, and if they're good, they can have a snack before bed. Twice a week one of us will have to read Curious George. Truth be told, we love his antics, too.