All teen and kid member reviews for Department 19

Teen, 14 years old Written byMaximizing195 October 5, 2014

D19

I think its a great book, a little gory, but good. The main characters all had their baptism by fire together and from then on they are inseparable. Yes the pages of this book is dripping with blood, but what would you expect in a war against vampires?
Kid, 10 years old July 12, 2015

I'm 10 and I read it

Very good! quite violent but there are almost no bad words. :)
Teen, 14 years old Written bynoveleater May 17, 2011

Horror novel is gross, gory, and too confusing to leave readers hooked.

I never really review books I don’t like, but with this book I hope to give a fair and informative review. First lets start up with the plot that goes with this story. A boy named Jamie Carpenter’s mother is kidnapped one night, and Jamie finds himself in Department 19, a clan of butt kicking vampire slayers including some very interesting characters from famous stories including Frankenstein, Dracula (he’s the bad guy, not the good guy) Van Helsing, and so on. The department turns out to be a lot stranger than it sounds, and Jamie’s father might have been a part of the group before he was violently shot down. The plot itself is only the beginning of a crazy and exciting adventure, except the many places (and I mean MANY) where it drags and leaves the reader bored and trash talking the book. The good parts are good, and exciting but there aren’t many of them. The book jumps around from years before the book itself takes place, back to the present, and back and forth that really bothered me. The biggest problem I had with the book is the overly used gore and violence. It’s very disturbing. An example is shown, “Both her legs were snapped mid thigh, the white bones piercing the blood-soaked jeans she was wearing. Her left foot was horribly twisted at the ankle, and the right was missing three toes, the red stumps bright in the fading light.” From page 44 of the book. The violence doesn’t stop their, in other chapters people’s throats are slit and cut upon, a man rips out his friends tongue, and the author describes the ripping noise, and the blood pouring from the man’s mouth. I feel that if the book was shorter and less gory I would of enjoyed more. The sex isn’t too bad, only including sweet kisses, a seductive kiss to distract a person, and some sexual jokes. A character smokes, and a vampire drug called Bliss is dealed. A man knows about the dealing, but ignores that fact. The swearing is mild and not used that much. I won’t read the sequel if I can help myself. Enjoy.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAnsle March 23, 2013

AMAZING!! BEST BOOK EVER

It is a amazing book and i love all the characters espeshily Larissa. I think every one should read it. a suitable age i would recon to read it is 13+. Loved it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKieth11 September 14, 2012

A violent, but awesome book

This book is well done. I never thought I would like a book about vampires before this, but apparently here I am. I highly recommend this book to anyone who feels the need for a little violence in their lives.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybookexpert April 2, 2012

One of my favorite books!

I think this book is good. Even though it is gory, it's about vampires, so, come on, it has to be gory! I read the book, unlike some parents, that are crazy and havy no idea what they are talking about. It's about a kid called jamie, who finds out that his dad is a vampire hunter, and he finds himself sucked into a vampire hunter organization.
Teen, 15 years old Written byDude 19 March 8, 2012

Department 19 review

The best book yet there isn't anything better I have read but most of the book is not for kids under 11 I think because the book invludes some kissing and sexual jokes but the parts that really made me into the book were the action parts not for children but I dont think anything wrong with the book.
Kid, 12 years old January 23, 2012

The book is very gory but exciting

I just started reading the book and its very gory I may or may not want to continue it. The book has a lot of typos and on pg's 44 and 45 it says"the girls arm flashed out and slid across his throat. Matt felt a millisecond of resistance as her fingernail dug into the smooth skin of his neck, then it was gone, an enormous spray of something red night air, soaking his chin and his chest."and then it continues on to worse later on in the book so the book was explaining how his neck was sliced. I don't like blood guts and gore but this book is a pretty quick read so far.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDepartment19Stickman November 22, 2011

Department 19 is amazing.

After getting taken to Department 19 by Frankenstein, the adventure begins. With amazing imagery and great scences of fast paced action, Department 19 is amazing