Kid reviews for Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever

Snowstorm tale lacks some punch but stays funny in 6th book.

Kid, 8 years old December 7, 2011

Cabin Fever is a little boring

It's good

Kid, 9 years old June 29, 2013

...Seriously, The Worst Book I Have Ever Read

Don't Waste Your Money on This. I Read Half a Chapter of This Book and Returned It. This Book is Disgusting Seriously, It is Expensive Too. $12.99 For a Book I ABSOLUTELY HATED. It is all Just Silly Child Humor Which I Don't Think Kids Should Laugh at. Why Is Everything BOYS This Book is So Gender Stereotypical. I Didn't Laugh at All. I Only Got This Book Because My Friends Liked It. The Author Is Just In It For The Money and To Bribe Boys Into Liking His Books. DON'T BUY THIS BOOK!!!!!!!!!

Kid, 10 years old September 13, 2014

Complete Series

I have almost all of the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books. This book is all about Greg stuck in his house because of the snow.
Kid, 11 years old November 26, 2011

AWSOME STORY!

Funny story!I like how Greg's parents are always doing something funny.
Teen, 13 years old Written byEnrique145 February 28, 2016

Book Review

I think this book is a really good book especially for people who love humor in there books. In this book Greg Hefley already starting to try to get on santas nice list even though it's November still. Throughout his attempt to get on to the nice list he goes through some struggle because he has to try to be nice to his little brother and it's really hard for him because he thinks his little brother is annoying and he is constantly trying to do something to get Greg into trouble. He also has to try to not get into any trouble with his friend from school. I think this book shows kids to be nice to others no matter what they do to make you mad.

Kid, 10 years old November 27, 2011

Best books ever.

I love Diary of a wimpy kid.That is my absolute favorite book series.Very good for ages 7 & up.Very educational because it's a book and you will never want to get away from the book until you're done!

Teen, 13 years old Written byAverageJake March 22, 2016

Funny Winter Tale.

Greg Heffely brings us through his life during the season of winter while he's in 8th grade. Greg is exposed to an addicting game called NetCritterz, his wacky classmates, his Christmases, and a blizzard that keeps Greg snowed in. Overall, I believe that Manny kind of takes the spotlight of this book. Manny is a pretty funny kid.
Teen, 17 years old Written bylovaajesus March 23, 2015

Not Very Sensitive

First off, I am a fan of the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series, and I actually enjoyed this book a lot. But there was one scene in particular that made this book go from 5 stars to 1 star (0 stars if I could). There was a scene where we find out that a lot of the tables in the cafeteria were taped off so that kids with peanut allergies could eat in a separate section of the cafeteria, and a local bully decided to sit in the middle of that area and eat not one, but TWO peanut butter sandwiches. I'm not allergic to peanuts, but I'm friends with people who are, and this particular scene was very troubling for me to read. There are people who are so allergic to peanuts that they can't even be in the same room as peanuts. This part of the book is very cruel and mean, especially for a kids' book series. I think Jeff Kinney should re-release this book with this part of the book removed. It actually wasn't even significant to the plot of this book AT ALL. As you can tell, right now I hate this book. Stick with the other Wimpy Kid books.
Kid, 10 years old February 2, 2014
Kid, 10 years old November 17, 2013

Jeff Kinney does it again!

i am in 5th grade and i have been reading the diary of a wimpy kid series ever since i was in 2nd grade. the dairy of a wimpy kid books are the only book series i will read. the main character Greg Heffley reminds me a lot about myself because he loves video games. the story of cabin fever is where Greg is stuck inside his house with his family after a big snow storm hits. this has to be my favorite book in the series other then hard luck.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySomeoneYouDon'tKnow March 31, 2012

The best DOAWK yet!

This is my favorite book in the series. I think the main reason for this is the fact that Manny, one of my favorite characters in the series, is the secondary main character. I also like the comedic survival aspects and the twist ending. Keep making more, Jeff!

Teen, 14 years old Written bykui1 February 19, 2012

Dont read it

Diary of a Wimpy kid is getting worse. The fith one was awful enough and now the sixth is worse. They are all over the place, don't make sense, and they aren't even funny anymore.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymrbookworm01 January 5, 2012

Good book

I've got this book for Christmas and I finally got the chance to read it, and it's pretty good. It's a fun little read, and has positive messages about owning up to your mistakes, being grateful for the things you have, and the importance of family and friends, even though Greg doesn't seem to learn them. Good for kids 8+. Violence: Some kid bullying that includes arm twisting and being chased after. Also some mild cartoonish violence, like slipping on a patch of ice and being shot by a BB gun, but nobody gets seriously hurt. Sex (I didn't get the option on the "What should other families know about this book?" section: Some illustrations of Greg in his underwear, and an illustration of his butt checks while he's using the bathroom, but nothing graphic is shown.

Kid, 6 years old October 19, 2017

Great and awesome.

The book was awesome

Teen, 13 years old Written bykodywatts123 February 29, 2016

I like this book

Since Christmas is coming, so you are either good or bad. Then Greg's mom found a known as "Santa's Scout" and she uses it to makes the kids be good. Greg has paranoia how the doll is making Rodrick become so good, but Greg uses the doll to prank him. I think it's funny how the doll is making Rodrick become such a good person. I also think that the book is good because it's a funny and good book. It's funny because Greg tries so much to get money but it all turns out to backfire him. Also it was funny how Greg tries to get money by shoveling snow, but he tried to water the snow out but made it worse. I would recommend this to other people because first it's a funny book and it also has some real life action. If you like comedy books then you would most likely would like this. I checked Educational value, Great messages, and Great role models because first is think before you do. Second which is be good for Christmas. Finally third it has great role models because if you do something bad you have to take care of your actions like Greg. I chose this book as a 4 stars because personally I think this books is really good!

Kid, 12 years old January 4, 2015

Very Mild

This book in the series is my favorite (tied with Hard Luck) and is probably the most appropriate too. It is much more mild even though Kinney (the author) adds a bit a violence, like BB gun shooting in the rear. But language lessens a tad (not curses language) and middle school context drops making this a book I would let a 8 year old read. Go Greg!

Teen, 13 years old Written bykarateboy October 23, 2014
this book is good for any age its funny and relateable

Kid, 10 years old July 28, 2014

good easy read.

This series is a good easy read for 9 to 14 it has positive elements.

Kid, 12 years old June 28, 2014

Very funny, love this series!

Good for 8+
Kid, 8 years old April 24, 2012

Read the series

This book is really good, but it is better if you have read the other books in the series.