Kid reviews for Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days

Sweet, funny summer vacation tale in 4th installment.

Kid, 11 years old February 13, 2021

Awesome book!

I love this series! There's nothing wrong with it except for one thing. I fell as though there are not enough female characters in these books. But the humor never gets old and there are great messages in it. Super funny. But the whole "Muddy Hand" thing might be too much for younger kids. But this book is a work of art. Thank you for reading and I hope this was helpful!

Teen, 16 years old Written byilhc January 1, 2021

Such a humorous read!

Does the same person Gregory got troubles with, in his life ever going to stop their encounter with him? No! And that's where the fun lies! Gregory is having a summer time playing video game all day long. While his family is running after him to do something in summer. His dad brings a dog to to family! Uh Uh He should have probably checked with his wife first! It's a family decision, isn't it?
Manny gets the dog saying Sweetie, and that's that! Everyone is as fun as never before. Such a humorous read!
Teen, 14 years old Written byClorox bleach December 24, 2020

Okay book,others are better. 7/10

Teen, 14 years old Written bymurdermystery August 6, 2020

Summer Fun

Kid, 10 years old May 21, 2020

a disappointing book that you should read if you are in to dairy of a wimpy kid.

It really doesn't teach you anything and is a waist of everybodys time to read it. This one in the series and the past 3 of them were super bad and don't read it.

Kid, 7 years old October 16, 2019

Really fun but there is a lot of love In it.

I think it has a lot of fun with it but it is kind of a love in it.

Kid, 6 years old May 22, 2018

What could be better?

I think this book is good for ages three and up. My brother is three and he likes it too.

Kid, 9 years old March 24, 2018

I love it

I love the book. I read all 12 books & this is one of my favorite wimpy kid sieres

Kid, 7 years old September 30, 2016
Teen, 13 years old Written bykodywatts123 March 31, 2016

This is a good book!

It's summertime for Greg and he had plans playing video the whole summer and with his friends. But Greg's dad want a father and son bound. And Greg pretends to have a job.

It was funny when Greg pretended to have a job and the people that worked there actually believed that he worked there.

The theme is don't lie, when Greg pretends to have a job. He had very bad consequences after.

I think this book is good because it has funny moments, jokes, and real life consequences. It has real world problems which is really funny.

I would recommend this book to many others because this is really funny, a good book, and real life problems.

I gave this book a 4 star because I think real world problems/consequences, and really funny books like this. I marked the boxes Educational value, Great messages, and Great role models. I chose Educational value because that is the consequences like think before you do or say, when Greg pretended to have a job. I chose great messages because it is similar to the real world consequences. Also I chose great role models and it is similar to the real world consequences which is when Greg pretends to have a job but gets in trouble, and Rowley wasn't his friend because of that.

Teen, 13 years old Written byAverageJake March 22, 2016

Greg's Wacky Summer

Dog Days is one of the more boring Wimpy Kid books that lacks a huge punch. However, Greg is still funny. In this book, the Mom and Dad make Greg control his video game time, go to the town pool, start a reading club, and go with his ex-bestfriend Rowley to the beach. This book, I recommend only to the reluctant readers. Read the other 3 before it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCheyenne.is.Rivas.2u March 1, 2016

Diary Of A Wimpy Kid: Dogs Days

Greg has a summer vacation but he would want to stay inside. Greg's mom encourage him to go outside to get exercise or meet new people but Greg wouldn't want to. The only thing he wanted to do for his whole summer vacation was sleep, eat junk food, and play video games. His friend Rowley invited Greg to a place that Greg really didn't like. The only thing that he did like going to the place was talking to this girl that he likes name Holly. I would give this 4 stars because when Greg would stay inside and do nothing that is not really good for his health and teaches people to be lazy all day. People that stay inside and do nothing have bad health. But people that go outside and exercise have a really good health. I chose the age 8 and up because kids understand how Greg feels. kids that are 7 and lower have more excitement than older kids. So kids that are 7 and lower wouldn't understand this book. I also chose great role models because the characters in the book are really good at playing their part and there are so many creative characters in the book too.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySavannah jones March 1, 2016

Pretty good

Diary of Wimpy Kid is a good book. It is the fourth book in the series of Diary of a Wimpy Kid. I liked it because it showed how nowadays real teenagers are. What I mean to say when I'm saying this is that during summer kids used to be outside having fun now they are inside just being couch potatoes. This relates to the book because during summer the kids were outside and Greg Heffley was indoors playing video games the whole time. Greg Heffley is mother had told him to go outside and play but he just refused. Greg family wants to have a summer full of togetherness with each other, but greg has something else in mind.
The reason I said this book was for 8 years old and up is because it is an easy book to read, but it is a bigger book not for kids under 8 years old in my opinion.
Teen, 13 years old Written bydn200401 September 29, 2015

Diary of a Wimpy Kid:Dog Days review

Tittle: Diary of a Wimpy :Dog Days

|Author: Jeff Kenny|Genre:fiction
The story was about a kid named Greg that a bad summer. The main characters were Greg,Frank,Susan,Rodrick, and Manny .Greg couldn't wait for summer he thought he was going to play video games all day but he didn't. Greg wasn't able to play video games because his dad took away his video game console. Greg had to spend time out side and with friends. My favorite character was Greg because he did a lot in summer he had a lot of adventures.
I can relate to greg because he wanted to play video games all summer but instead I spent time exerciseing and hanging out with friends .
The book was alright.My favorite part of the book was when Greg was stuck in the girls restroom .My least favorite part of the book was when the book ended because it was a good book.I would change the part when Greg went camping because it was boring.
I would recommend this book to people who like reading about realistic made up story's.I would recommend this book to people who are 5th-7thgrade.
Kid, 12 years old January 3, 2015

Greg's Parents

Greg's parents save the book and make it a valid option for your 8 year old. It's crazily mild, but still hilarious. Greg does have a crush on a high school lifeguard, but that's just middle school context. Greg's parents monitor Greg and what he does and though he still mocks them and his brothers, he respects their disciplines.

Kid, 12 years old June 28, 2014

A little ruder than the other 3

In this book, Greg mentions that he was going through the men's shower room and hated it there cause he sees the men naked.

Teen, 13 years old Written bynesrine addeche February 9, 2014

I LOVE DIARY OF A WIMPY KID

it is a book for all children to read and i am always having it in my bag .

Kid, 10 years old February 2, 2014
Pretty funny, crazy and enjoyable
Kid, 10 years old November 17, 2013

a wimpy summer for greg heffley!

the diary of a wimpy kid books are the only book series i will read! i have been reading diary of a wimpy kid ever since i was in 2nd grade and i am in 5th grade now. in dog days the main character Greg Heffley is on summer vacation but it does not go as well as he thinks. his dad adopts a dog named sweetie which causes trouble for the Heffley family. this is one of my favorite books in the series. 5 STARS!