All parent member reviews for Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You Are?

Not yet rated
Adult Written byDrSuessReadinDaddy April 9, 2008

Funny for Kids and Adults

This book is hysterical, both for the typical fantastical images for which Dr. Seuss is so famous, and for the scattered kernels of truth from daily life. Anyone who has ever sat in gridlock traffic can appreciate Dr. Seuss' interpretation in 'the traffic on Zayt highway eight.' My personal favorite, though, is the brief story about the Hawtch Hawtchers. Anyone who's been first line management will appreciate the wisdom in "...his job is to watch... to keep an eye on the lazy town bee. A bee that is watched will work harder, you see." I love this section so much that it always makes me laugh. That joy in reading it makes my 4 year old son laugh at it, as well, whether or not he gets the joke. Dr. Seuss does wonderfully at capturing the ideas that make us (the grown-ups) laugh, which, in turn, makes us laugh both at ourselves and with our kids. A bed time story is the perfect antidote to a long day at the office, and so much better!! I hope you enjoy these books as much as I do. Dr. Seuss's writing contains wisdom for both child and parent, and time spent reading his books is time well spent for both of us.