Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Dog Man: Dog Man, Book 1

Riotous, silly fun with soft touch by Underpants creator.

Parent Written byJackie F. May 30, 2018

Innapropriate

As you will see, this comic book contains multiple references to human and animal feces. It also contains a very questionable scene of disregard for homeless/hungry individuals. There are scenes of smoking, violence, nudity, and don't even get me started on the spelling and grammar. I found the trash bag baby to be a little disturbing. I mean, how is that even possibel!?!?

Adult Written byRecessGymClass2 December 8, 2016

What is not to love about anything made by Dav Pilkey?

There is nothing this man can do, except write a bad book. This book is so funny, I laughed so hard at the jokes in this book. Not to mention, it is so action packed. it had me at the edge of my seat. Not to mention, the plot is so smart. One of his most creative. There was nothing wrong with book, I recommend it for all.
Parent of a 5 and 8 year old Written byjebby0606 December 14, 2018

This Book is Garbage!

My son bought this book at the book-fair at school, and I was appalled at what I found in the pages! Characters calling one another idiots, making fun of one another... no regard for manners or respect. Not to mention nudity! IN A CHILD'S BOOK! The only place this book belongs is in the trash!
Parent of a 6 year old Written byElliott and Gwen October 2, 2017

A dog headed great book!

I like it better than captain underpants and my mom and dad does too and lots of potty humor

Parent of a 6 year old Written byDarryl C. April 1, 2019

For children? Really?

Cutting off a cops head and sewing on that of a dog. Using the same slang words like ain't, gotta, those our teachers are trying to get kids to stop using? A good ending doesn't negate awful content and grammar. Please be more observant parents. Scan the literature of today's children resources.
Adult Written bymyc23 March 4, 2019

Inappropriate

So much talk about feces and urine. A weird part about a man removing his pants. Some nudity.
Adult Written byMo Clarmoss October 19, 2018

Good for most ages but...

Dog Man is the kind book that is funny and always makes your nephew laugh, if your son, daughter or nephew likes funny, cool and comics, this is the book for them.

Adult Written byiliescu July 31, 2018