Kid reviews for Doll Bones

Tween tale is both creepy and sweetly poignant.

Based on 1 review

Kid, 9 years old December 5, 2013

Creepy Fun

I thought the book was good, and enjoyable to read, and it was fast paced. The Story is about three kids Alice, Poppy & Zach, who go on a “quest” to take a Haunted Doll and bury her in her grave. But I didn’t think it was a good idea to go on a quest without telling anybody or leaving a note. Especially when they weren’t one-hundred percent sure the quest was real. I mean a lot of things could’ve happened. They could have gotten kidnapped, or gotten hurt, even murdered. Plus they didn’t bring much to eat or drink, and they didn’t have enough money. I thought they did good on their quest, even though they got into fights. And it didn’t help when Eleanor creeped Zach out. At the end of the book I thought Alice would be grounded for a entire year, and Zach would be punished, but Poppy wouldn’t get in trouble at all, because her family barely noticed her, that’s why she liked playing with Zach & Alice.
Kid, 11 years old August 16, 2015

Don't bother reading this book.

This book was a disappointment. All of Holly Black's other books are better. Do NOT bother reading this book.
Kid, 10 years old December 25, 2015

Is it just a little bit too creepy

Kid, 10 years old October 28, 2018

Good-Lessons-Book

I think it's really exciting, and you can't put the book down! You don't know what happens next, but what happens will surprise you! Must-Read book! It doesn't teach you about a normal adventure, it teaches you about a REAL adventure, your kid will Love It!