Kid reviews for Dork Diaries 12: Tales from a Not-So-Secret Crush Catastrophe

Crushes and middle school drama continue in popular series.

Based on 1 review

Teen, 13 years old Written bybookworm122 January 3, 2018

it is good but if you are 10 under, ask your parents first

I loved this book. Yes it does contains things about crushes and all the middle school drama but is still spreading a positive messages like .We should never cyber bully anyone .We should be nice to everyone .There is no problem which cannot be solved with some patience . I always love Rachel's work as it is always so funny.

Educational Value
Kid, 12 years old October 13, 2018

Don’t Bother reading it

Ok, first of all, Nikki is exactly like MacKenzie. She’s snobby, bratty and whines about everything. I don’t like how this book writes as if teenage girls are only interested in their crushes and lip gloss. Nikki says she is a dork, which isn’t exactly positive self-esteem. Brandon is so boring. The book would be interesting if MacKenzie wasn’t a stereotypical mean girl. This is very stereotypical and awful writing. Why are mean girls in stories always rich, blonde and have blue eyes. All the real mean girls I’ve met aren’t always blonde and they’re usually middle class. It’s like sayig having money makes you a rich snob and being blonde means you are a mean girl. Andre was an unnecessary addition. Nikki is a very bad role model and only is interested in boys and lip gloss. It would be better if she had some actual interests, such as sport, maths, music or anything like that. Her BFF’s, Chloe and Zoey aren’t that bad, but they’re also stereotypical. I wish this book didn’t portray mean girls like that or it could’ve given MacKenzie some actual development.