Parent and Kid Reviews on

Sort by:

Amazing

I think anyone could read this. but people ages 10-14 would like if better

Main Characters Haven’t Improved

Though I was slightly more interested in this one (Rohan was a decent character) Fifer and Thisbe are still bossy and dramatic. The book falls back on the they’ve-forgotten-about-me trope (Sam and Lani did this, but their story of Warbler was more compelling, or maybe the pair were just stronger). The Unwanteds Quests books are a little predictable, especially with the one-dimensional characters; there’s still action, but it feels targeted to a younger audience or one that didn’t appreciate the original books.

Heart warming and adventurous

Unwanteds Quest: Dragon bones is the second book in the second series, this book continues the sequel of Unwanteds Quests: Dragon Captives, where the two younger sibling twins of the Stowe family, Fifer and Thisbe, runoff to a mystical but horrendous world of dragon captives. This book takes on the story when Thisbe gets captured by an evil arch nemesis of all of Artime. The rest of the book plays accordingly, Alex Stowe, the big brother of the younger twins, plans on how the save the captured Thisbe. It is filled with action, sadness, and friendship. Totally worth reading.