All teen and kid member reviews for Eighth Grade Bites: The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod

Teen, 13 years old Written byhaylay247 January 26, 2011

Pretty good!

I actually just finished the book and I really liked it! Throughout the book there is suspense and mystery and at times, its hard to even put the book down! I never really found any parts were I got a little bored while reading the book and I read it in one night.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySandyApple May 7, 2010

Great and Addicting book series

I love this book, I read all the series, and I finished the first book in about two days, they are fun and easy to read, once you start reading the book you just can't let go of it, it's really well written and easy for young teens and pre-teens to understand, the only issue should be that your child might wanna buy all 5 books, but it's a good investment, reading is healthy. And this book is Awesome, I recommend it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytimmphy do June 24, 2010
i love it i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written bylovesateddybear November 10, 2010

EPIC

TOTALLY LOVE IT!!! AMAZING STORY LINE AND IT KEEPS YOU COMING BACK FOR MORE!
Teen, 13 years old Written bysuperhood December 4, 2008

the eight grad bits

i think that this book is one exsiting and that there will be more books
Teen, 15 years old Written byVoracious Reader March 8, 2009

It was Great!

The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod are cool, though a bit short and lacking in substance. It's a teenage boy, and he's a vampire with emerging power and moral issues. I like it! It may be a bit violent though, sometimes. Beats Twilight any day.
Teen, 14 years old Written byrawralissa August 24, 2010
man when i read this book i just thought that it was amazing i prsonaly just couldnt get over on how awesome the book is...so i continued to read the series and i just love em...all the books and everything....but basically the main story is about how a teenage boy has o cope with going to school...meeting girls...partys...some bullies and he has to go through all this with being a vegiarian vampire which is just awesome cause youll never know what happens...until ou read the book of course
Teen, 14 years old Written bytoe-tapper March 11, 2010
i love this book and this series. i think vlad is a good role model (assuming that people don't start drinking blood) because of the way that he deals with his vampireness. i think that he approaches it in a very grown up manner without being violent.
Teen, 13 years old Written bygreendaygirl21 February 21, 2010

one of the best books ever

i am now on the 4th book i love this series. heather brewer pulls you in on the first chapter. this book and all the other books are so funny but teach you a little something about life too.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGoofygirl14 January 8, 2010

Amazing book for teens!

I loved the book eight grade bites, I read it in two days now I'm on the second book ninth grade slays so far ninth grade slays is my favorite. If the series ever became a movie I think it would become a big hit.
Kid, 12 years old June 26, 2009
One of my absolute favorite books.
Teen, 13 years old Written byzorba1994 April 9, 2008

A very good book; may be a tad scary/gory for young tweens

here's the lowdown Sex: crushes but nothing really here Violence: Two people are killed in a fire before book starts, some blood suck outs, a vampire has a hole burned into him by a light-based weapon. Language: Surprisingly none Drugs: none Social behavior: Vlad is a good vampire and eats only bagged blood from old blood donor samples. A very entertaining read for horror or fantasy lovers, very funny at times, keeps you in suspense, and has plenty of twists. You will not want to put it down: Apropriateness: mature 11 year olds. 12+ normal. 13-14+ squeamish.
Teen, 17 years old Written byMyMyRa96 June 5, 2014

Reall enjoyed it

This book was an exciting, super entertaining read. I loved the charcters and the unique world Brewer constructs around them. This book kept me up reading. It was funny and engaging. I loved how it wasn't too intense and focused more on the social lives of the characters. I would recommend it to anyone who is up for a light, funny vampire read!
Teen, 15 years old Written byVladimir tod fa... February 24, 2011
This book is amazing i loved it and i don't like too many books but this one hit me just like twilight but in my book this way a lot better then twiligh because as a teen you want something to relate to and this book u can really relate to i love vampires so maybe thats why i liked it but it is really an amazing book i would recmand it to anyone dead or alive
Teen, 14 years old Written byvampire luver January 14, 2011

im 11 so.... i think 10 and up!

i am not even done with it but i <3 it it is the second best vampire book i read this year. my fave is cirqu du freak BEST BOOK IVE EVA READ!!!!! im only on the 8th book in that seris out o 10 but its filled with, drama, action, a little romance, and a hole lot of comidy but so is 8th grade bites...... so far.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTruth4ever April 25, 2010

just another boring book

i hate this book it has no description....i was already asleep after reading the first page! i would never tell or recommend this book to anyone in my life unless i hate them. if i were you i would listen to this review and never even pick up this book. this book is boring has no description and shouldnt be a series! there are slready so many other vampire stories out there too and this on is not even come close to being special or even good.
Teen, 14 years old Written byRachel Basinger December 26, 2011

Awesome Book & Very Emotional lovee

It's The Best Book I've Ever Read.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGraveRobberAtLarge January 15, 2011

Epicly epic beyond epicness

Everyone keeps saying that the first one is so boring. Well the last few are REALLY exciting. I love the series to death.Oh, and just because it has ACTUAL vampire traits, doesn't mean it's lame. The storyline and plot is what really matters.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMichelle8800 April 1, 2010
I LOVE it because it is about vampires. Plus it gives an out look about school life for kids like Vladimir. It has all the highlights that are listed above and I think that there are no concerns, that everything is perfect about it. I would let a kid that was 8+ read it but no younger.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLuLu-a.k.a.-Jea... February 14, 2010

Keep going!

There are three other books now published. There is ninth Grade Slays, Tenth Grade Bleeds, and Eleventh Grade Burns. In my opinion, as the series progresses it improves. Especially in the 3rd book which happens to be my favorite. If you enjoyed Eight Grade Bites, the sequals will only make you know the school sucks.