Parent reviews for Eloise in Paris

Eloise's enthusiasm for Paris is delightful.

No reviews yetAdd your rating
Adult Written byHEH2009 October 3, 2015

So Disappointed

Why does a child this young know what Johnny Walker Black is, and why is she ordering it from room service? I guess it's for the same reason she exercises with bottles of champagne. We're not prudes, but I didn't think I was going to have to explain to my preschoolers what it means to, "smoke three packs a day."
I realize this was written in a different generation, when it was acceptable to smoke in public and around children, but the idea of a child ordering alcohol via room service is unsettling, regardless of the year in which it was written.

Parent of a 2 and 6-year-old Written byamymarr August 12, 2010

An Imaginative Child SHOULD be a Positive Role Model

I was taken aback by the use of "Oh my Lord" in this book - I realize that many people today don't think much about using OMG and such, but it's overused in this book. I literally stopped reading after 3 pages of Eloise saying that and abusing her nanny and pediatrician. No thanks.
Parent of a 3-year-old Written byMovies3 August 18, 2019

Inappropriate content

This book was disastrously loaded with so much adult content (“champagne challenge, ordering Johnny Walker Black, etc) that I really don’t think it’s appropriate for a minor of any age. The whole book honestly sounds like the drunken ramblings of someone via a child’s character and was so inappropriate I stopped reading after a page or two and just flipped through the pages