Parent reviews for Etiquette & Espionage: Finishing School, Book 1

Delightful steampunk fantasy about girl spies and assassins.

Parent of a 10 and 12-year-old Written byJeanne W. May 18, 2021

Love this series!

I love this Finishing School series and have re-read it several times. My fantasy loving daughter began reading the series at around 10 and she's reread it several times as well. These books are smart and charming and quirky - absurd in the best way. It's about a Steampunk/supernatural world where girls attend a clandestine finishing school on a dirigible that trains them to be secret agents. Sophronia is a fantastic girl role model as are her finishing school friends.

Parent Written byRebecca L January 7, 2018

A charming tale!

A good fun Steampunk tale, with witty dialogue and intriguing plot. Its quirky style will draw you in!
Parent of a 10 and 11-year-old Written byPattiS 2 August 27, 2015

Really fun!

My 10-year-old son loves books about assassins and spies, so I picked up this book to see if he was interested. I read ahead of him to make sure it was okay since the recommendation was 13+, and found nothing inappropriate for him to read. And he loved it! It's funny and exciting, which is what he was looking for. The main character is really likable and inspiring. Plus, the steampunk setting reminds him of the Studio Ghibli movies which we all love. I'm on my way to the library to get book 2!