All parent member reviews for Evermore: The Immortals, Book 1

Adult Written bystrawberryluva23 September 20, 2010

grrrr i hate this book

This book is terrible. I tried to read it for a little while, but around page 125, it started getting too explicit. There was a page with an f-bomb spoken every sentence. And the relationship with Damen and Ever is soooo stupid. I so wish that the YA publishers were more careful with what crap they put into books like this! Seriously. And I can't believe they have sex in the book! Argh... I hate this book so badly.
Parent of a 9 and 12 year old Written bydemusiks June 23, 2010

YA Authors-please give us something good for all!

Disappointed again by young adult authors. I see no reason why my tween should have to read curse words, deal with immoral issues and the like. She really enjoyed the story of the book, but finally stopped reading it because of the F-word. That is an ugly word in our house. Why can't young adult authors have a great story without all the bad words?
Adult Written bymknight June 26, 2009

I read this book as fast as I could so I wouldn't have to read it anymore. This book--the story and characters--were not at all commendable. The f-word several times, bloody or gruesome things explained away flimsily and unintelligently in a rush at the end, a lousy tone.... This was not well-crafted and holds little if any positivity.
Parent Written byUke Nagash April 3, 2012

This book should be withdrawn form secondry schools libraries.

This book has no Positive messages to offer ...why should it introduced at secndry schools...Ed value 1 out of 5, violence 3 of 5, drinking drug & smoking 3of5. Common sense media says:Twilight lookalike with more sex and profanity. What are you parents waiting for to ban this book. Do we not have enough freeks running around and filling prisons..
Parent of a 13 year old Written bybookwormmeee August 26, 2010

Parent Written byCupcake! April 9, 2012

My little girl!

Well, this book was great for my 8 year old girl, she thought that it was the best book she'd ever read! She ever asked for the rest if the books for her birthday and christmas! She read in three days because she said they were too good to out down!
Parent of a 4, 10, and 13 year old Written bybooksharing September 20, 2009

Good for teens; not for younger tweens for sure.

This book is a "sitting on the edge of your seat" kind of book and I couldn't wait to turn the next page..... There could have been a lot less sex talk including the gay friend but the story itsself was very good. When I started reading this, I didn't realize it was about immortality- just a book my daughter was reading so I picked it up and started reading. Not a book I would have chosen for myself; I don't really like the weird stuff of witchery or immortality. But it was a good read. The young girl in the book has to come to terms with her own emotions and that is good however to do this, she is able to pin the blame on someone else. Wish that could have been resolved in a different manner. The last chapter or two gets a little weird and creepy, even violent but I think a 14 year old can handle the whole thing.
Parent of a 12 and 15 year old Written byworkenmom August 7, 2009

While there are a few things in the book that happen that give initial concern, the messages afterword are learning opportunities. A girl finds drinking helps her deal with things but then realizes she isn't living her life and drinking was a bad choice. A young couple are in a heavy petting situation but then she stops and he says he will wait forever.
Adult Written bycaitlin89 September 17, 2009

Great book for older teens!

I really liked this book but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone under the age of 14 or 15!