Parent and Kid Reviews on

Every Last Word Poster Image
Our Review

Based on 24 kid reviews

Sort by:

Amazing book about mental health problems

Every Last Word was an amazing book to read. The way the author wrote about the mental problems was beautiful. Its a work of art. It does have some cussing and steamy kissing. There is also one sex scene but its about 5 paragraphs and its not physically describing whats happening, more emotionally. Great book, made me tear up and an amazing plot twist at the end.

1 person found this helpful.

I loved this book, it started out with a great hook and I read it pretty fast. The author did a great job of developing all the characters and educating on developmental issues in a way that is just felt like natural conversations between characters in the story. I genuinely felt for the characters and I grew to like a lot of them. I would say the pacing is a little slow, there's a lot of events in the book however the slow pacing at times makes the book seem boring rather than suspenseful. There is occasional swearing, kissing and waist grabbing but it's nothing too serious. Two characters do have sex at one point but it's not too graphic nor does sexual contact happen that often. I'd say 14 and up because I feel maturity is required to both understand and love the quality of this story.

every last word

So. Good. Samantha is a super relatable character, and I liked her from the moment we met her. The way she grew throughout the book and got to know herself better was really inspiring. Language included crap, damn, hell, f**k, sh*t, p*ss, and b*tch. For sexy stuff, it describes Sam's first time having sex, more emotionally than physically, but it is still pretty clear what is happening. There is lots of kissing and making out between Sam and her boyfriend, some pretty steamy. I would defiantly recommend this book to people 14 and up, it is defiantly one of the best books I have read all year.

Flawless, left me absolutely speechless. In the top 3 books I have ever read. Is a MUST read, I even cried a few times. Huge plot twist at the end.

READ THIS BOOK

This is one of my all time favorite books. Easily good for a 14 year old, and most 13 year olds should be fine. There is only one scene in the book that I would be worried about for a 12 year old, but let's be real here; if they're a reader they've probably read it all in another book already, if not just simply hearing about it in school or in movies. Would I give it to a 12 year old I know? Probably not. If I saw the same kid reading it would I get super excited and ask them where they are in the book and to read it faster so they can tell me how they liked it? Absolutely. Now, aside from age, this book is a masterpiece. There's nothing I dislike about it. It doesn't have any parts that are too cheesy while still being cute, it sends an amazing message, it reduces mental health stigmas, it shows that people are not their mental illnesses, yet it also shows that mental illness is a part of you that contributes to who you are, and it promotes individuality and self-love. What's not to love? Read it. Side note- I'm in love with AJ. The only reason I'm not married to him is because I love him and sam too much.

I love this book!

It really spreads awareness about mental health and what kids could be hiding from their parents and about the importance of feeling aceccpted.

Amazing book! Definitely recommend!!!!

MUST READ! I couldn't stop reading this! The plot was great so were the characters. It definitely made you feel for the characters, and it explained/showed OCD well while still making it relatable at times. Great romance in it too, and the plot twist- I finished it in one or two days so its a quick read, but still it stuck with me and I had to write this review. Probably 13+ or mature 12 year olds.