Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Fallen

Fallen angels are the new, more charming vampires.

Parent of a 2, 6, 9, and 11 year old Written bylexsmom1979 July 15, 2010

Too mature for 13-year-olds

Why does this website say this book is okay for kids age 13? And then say that there is cussing and make-out sessions? Also, it doesn't mention that the "finger" is also given. I would never allow a 13 year old of mine to read this book. I myself liked it fairly well, but I just wouldn't reccomend it to anyone under 16.
Adult Written bykierstinr November 12, 2014

Fallen

In this book Luce is an extraordinary girl who can see shadow’s and doesn’t understand it. To her it seems like when she’s the most happy they come and take that happiness away. When her boyfriend was killed by the shadow’s everyone believed it was her who killed him so she confessed about the shadows. When she did this everyone thought she was crazy, so in result to this they sent her to sword & cross school for the mentally insane. There she meets Daniel and her whole world gets turned upside down. To me this song explains how she feels throughout the book.
Adult Written byjana me January 12, 2014

love it let your kids read it

i think it is wonderfull for a ten year old. it is not bad

Educational Value
Parent of a 3, 6, and 9 year old Written byNikkiHobbs June 19, 2010

I think 13 years and up would enjoy this book!

I loved this book and can't wait for the second book in this series! I think any 13 year old and up would enjoy it. It was a quick read!

Adult Written bySoapnet September 13, 2011

Don't hate me, but it was okay, not the best book ever...

It has a great plot, just they swear a lot and so on. Oh, yes, and there is death, voilence, and it is great at the beginning of the book but slows down for a while. Forunatley, it picks up speed again soon! (It slowed becuase Luce [the main character] infuriatlrying obsessed over Daniel and sometimes Cam way too much and far too intensley.)

Parent of a 2, 4, and 16 year old Written byxoxoChelseaBeth February 15, 2010