Parent reviews for Fancy Nancy: Poet Extraordinaire!

Fabulous, fancy primer on poetry sure to get kids writing.

Based on 1 review
Parent Written byPaulus K. September 12, 2017

Positive Learning

If you're looking for a good set of books to entertain your children and help to broaden their reading comprehension abilities at the same time then this is a good selection. I would also recommend the works of Shel Silverstein for children 10 and older, all of the Great Dr. Seuss for children of any age, and some of Jack Prelutsky's books as well. And, if you want your children to experience a truly brilliant work of poetry, I would highly recommend 'Skipping Across The Rainbow Sea' by KT Iversen. This book is fairly new, but contains the most incredible poetic stories I have ever read - with many of them containing some form of positive message for the reader to take with them Last of all, if you have never heard of the Serendipity Series by Stephen Cosgrove you should pick some up. Your children will absolutely love them! And while they're not books of poetry they are some of the most positive books ever written specifically for children.

Educational Value
Adult Written byYoungMomInTexas March 15, 2012

Poetry resource

My 6 1/2 year old daughter enjoys Fancy Nancy books and has been writing poetry since reading this book. She has read it many times as she tries to memorize how poetry styles work.

Educational Value