Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Firefight: The Reckoners, Book 2

New setting, twists add intrigue to violent superhero saga.

Based on 1 review

Based on 1 review
Adult Written byPetalknits January 15, 2016

Great book! Just not for the age it says.

This book is rated on Audible as being for 11-13 year olds. Not only do I enjoy it as an adult, there are some slightly adult situations. A girl is in her wet shirt and the boy stares at her bra. They are both incidentally naked (not planned) and he notices, though he prepares to get her some clothes. Violence-wise, there is less violence, I think, than the first book. There is less blood. Violence from a distance; one scene where a person is charred, and the main character handles the person kindly and thoughtfully. The character, whose job is to kill evil epics, does indeed kill them...up close and personal. But there isn't much detail given and he has regret. He also spends a lot of time devoted to trying not to kill them; rather hopes to change their ways. This book started out a bit slower (though it might have been because I started to listen to it many times when I was sick), but it really captured my interest after a while. It was great for a sequel, adding many new elements and made me anxious for the 3rd book to come out on Audible. David remains a fun character who uses his smarts to get out of many situations. Very clever and I think, unique.