All parent member reviews for Flush

Adult Written byily1234 April 9, 2008

Flush

Flush is a great book with some crude humor. suggested for children 11+. some violence. gives a good message.
Parent of a 16 year old Written bypoop1111121111 November 11, 2010

For any age

Love it!
Parent of a 12 year old Written byJoshsgirlll October 1, 2010

Suckishh

I hate it! It did not keep me hooked the entire time I was reading..I would never recommend this book to anyone who wanted a good book. There is too much confusion and the book was just plain awful...NEVER READ THIS BOOK!
Parent of a 17 and 17 year old Written byMaddie1012345 February 26, 2011
Its ok i wud recomend it to kids that love action and ways to get out of conflicts BUT NO FOR CHILDREN UNDER 10 And if you dont like your kids to be around tobacco or any use of achol this book gives them the wrond idea so i wudnt recommend it then :(
Parent of a 3 and 7 year old Written byIshta November 3, 2010
This book deals with the complexity of behavior that we often find in real life. It is a good conversation starter for children who are old enough and mature enough to start to think about the gray areas in terms of good vs bad. While the role models are by and large not positive, their behavior is a good starting point for a conversation with children about how better to handle the situations that the characters find themselves in. Read it with your kids.
Parent of a 10 year old Written byBruinsmama March 6, 2013

Hiaasen fan raising Hiassen fan

My son & I read and enjoyed this tale filled with vivid characters such as Noah & Abbey, their Mom & Dad, their errant pirate grandpa Bobby,Dusty Muleman and his bully son and especially Shelley and Lice Peking. I read all of Hiaasen's "adult" novels myself and am now thrilled to be reading his YA work with my son. I enjoyed CHOMP more than FLUSH, but my son says FLUSH is his favorite so far. Next up, HOOT and then SCAT. Keep writing, Carl Hiaasen! I love you, even though I have no idea how to pronounce your last name.
Parent Written byMADNana May 14, 2012

Not for my children

Very upset that this book was donated to 3rd graders and not vetted first by the school or the school board. The material is definitely not appropriate for this age group.
Parent Written bybiotch June 30, 2011