Kid reviews for Four Dead Queens

Four Dead Queens Poster Image

Sex Rating Not Accurate

It was a really good book with a great plot, but the violence and sex ratings were off. There were a couple scenes where side characters thought about interactions they'd had and in a couple cases witness some interaction with just enough detail to make me feel uncomfortable. There were also two mentions of same-sex couples which I did not expect based off of the content rating. As for the violence, the review says not much detail but when the murder is explained from the POV of the victim it got unsettling, and then when the bodies are examined there are more details, particularly about the throat-slitting.

I found this book at my local library and thought it sounded interesting. I love the Red Queen series and this was a similar genre. I am only about half way through the book but I love it so far. The whole thing with the different quadrants, queens, and what each quadrant does is a bit confusing. The characters swear every few pages and there is some sexual language.

used to be one of my favorites

fine for mature teens. i've even reread it a few times.

Really interesting and makes you want to read more

I really love this book, it does start off a little bit boring but it gets super interesting after the first couple of chapters. It has alot of variety in terms of people. There are LGBTQ characters, and poc which is pretty cool. I definitely reccomend reading it. It's a murder mystery that's ends off in a really big twist.

Great book

I'd recommend this book to any teen who likes YA murder mystery and romance. It was pretty violent and bloody, but nothing that most teens can't handle. There was also some language but it wasn't too bad. Overall it was a super good book that I really enjoyed.

I have not finished (still have about 20 pages) but...

Going into reading the book i expected it to be more scary/violent than it ultimately was. Even though the murders were described in detail it was not very scary but more interesting. I think the book had the opportunity to go somewhere but it seemed to all fall apart in part 4 for me. I have not yet finished the book though so we will wait and see. for me it was just oddly too good to be true while being weird and unsatisfying.

Amazing!!!

This was honestly a great book. I was surprised when I heard that this was the author's first novel. I gave it 4 stars because she is able to hold your interest, write very well, and develop the character's personalities. The story is told from five different points of view so if you get confused by that I don't know if you'd like the book. The two main characters are Keralie and Varin. They have very different personalities yet they become very close throughout their journey to Quadara. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who loves YA mystery and fantasy novels with a little bit of romance.

Awesome book

I'd recommend it for anyone who likes murder mystery and fantasy.

Maturity

Personally I think it depends on the maturity level of the kid. I say this due to the fact there is cursing in the book, and on pages 30 and 31 it says an I quote “I don’t need your inspiration.” Kyrin pushed my arm out of the way “Not all of us are willing to wet Mackiel’s whistle as you do” “I do nothing but my job!” I’d raised raised my clenched fist before I’d thought of my next move. Kyrin didn’t flinch. “Right. You think we’re blind?” He gestured to the dippers watching with interest behind him “You get all of the best jobs” “Because I am the best” Kyrin: “The best at sucking his—“ so yeah I forgot to mention the fact they describe the killing of the queens so slightly violent. The book is also a bit wordy if that makes sense. Several things that could be inappropriate are in the book more than what I have already shown. Also if you as a parent aren’t a fan of lgbt+ there is a scene like that describing 2 female characters never able to kiss again or something like that. Hope this was useful. Keep in mind I still haven’t finished the book.