Kid reviews for Furia

Furia Poster Image

Based on 1 review

Furia Review

I loved the book me and my book club had to read for an assignment in class. We had so much fun making up predictions and scenarios. We even made up an imaginary Camilita, the daughter of Camila and Diego. However, we felt like the ending was a bit rushed and there wasn't a REAL happy ever after. I mean, yes, Camila got her dream of playing but did she get her dream of love?

This made me laugh, cry, swoon, scream, and everything in between (in the best possible way).

This book is AMAZING! It definitely needs more hype. It caused a roller coaster of emotions, and I loved how the author didn't let any aspect of the story overpower the other parts; it was a perfect mix of everything. This book follows Camila (Furia) who has a dream of being a soccer player. She has all the talent, but she didn't tell her parents because they don't exactly approve. And as she tries tries to grapple with keeping soccer a secret from parents, everything gets more complicated when her first love comes to town again... who's a world famous soccer player. As she grapples with her problems, they start to pile up, along with the secrets and lies, she tries to solve them and along the way finds parts of herself. The main character is strong, persistent, and good-hearted; quite a good role model. She learns from her mistakes, and knows what she wants. This book has themes about not letting anyone tell you who you are, having a strong mind about who you want to be, finding yourself, telling the truth, and values. We also learn about life in Argentina, and the culture. This book does mention abuse, and murders happening around where Camila lives. They go into some detail, but I think kids 12+ should know about what's in the book. And, the romance part is pretty significant in the story, but there are only a few kissing scenes. There are some mentions of teen pregnancy. Overall, this book was a great read for 12 and up.

Great book with good message

This book has a positive message to follow what you like and never let anything, or anyone, stop you from achieving your goals. Has some funny moments in it. Furia is an ustoppable girl and her passion for her sport is inspiring. Made me stay up all night reading!