A lot or a little?
The parents' guide to what's in this book.
What parents need to know
- Parents say
- Kids say
What's the story?
Is it any good?
Talk to your kids about ...
- Families can talk about rules and fairness. Is it OK to break a rule you think is unfair? Does it matter why or how you defy it? Who decides when a rule is unjust?
Gandhi and his supporters protest what they feel are unjust laws imposed by the British government with nonviolent action. How is this similar to -- and different from -- the American Revolution? Do you think nonviolent protest would have led to American freedom?
Do you like picture books about real people? What other picture book biographies have you read?
- Author: Alice B. McGinty
- Illustrator: Thomas Gonzalez
- Genre: History
- Topics: Great Boy Role Models, History, Misfits and Underdogs
- Book type: Non-Fiction
- Publisher: Amazon Children's Publishing
- Publication date: April 2, 2013
- Publisher's recommended age(s): 8 - 12
- Number of pages: 40
- Available on: Hardback
Themes & Topics
Browse titles with similar subject matter.
For kids who love picture books and history
Our editors recommend
Top advice and articles
Common Sense Media's unbiased ratings are created by expert reviewers and aren't influenced by the product's creators or by any of our funders, affiliates, or partners.