All parent member reviews for Give a Boy a Gun

Adult Written bydenmarkriot April 9, 2008
Adult Written bysarisara April 9, 2008
Adult Written byaperson101 June 9, 2012

Give A Boy A Gun

I read this book when I was 10, and I was fine. My school recommended it, meaning it is alright for children. It really depends on how mature someone is. It mentions sex and drinking a couple times, but mainly revolves around a theme of violence. A child should not read this if they get nightmares easy, or are jittery when it comes to violence. Otherwise, this book is excellently written, informational, and amazing.
Parent of a 5 year old Written bykiaraluvsu23 February 18, 2011

awesome book defintly would read again

i am a student and i had to read this in my English class at first i thought this book would be pretty dumb. as we read it each day and went over it with the class . i got intersted in it this book makes you think of all those kids you go to school with and see them get picked on by people day by day this could of happened to any school people just dont know what limits people have . i think this book is very good for all ages . i loved it .made me cry
Parent of a 15 year old Written byciarababy1995 October 22, 2010
i lovee this book
Parent of a 12 and 15 year old Written bykidadvocate September 22, 2010

Not for tweens or young teens

This book is NOT appropriate for tweens/teens under 18. It has vindictive merciless violence that does not need to be promoted to kids. Their minds are not fully developed and able to cope with this and decipher such inhumane actions/behavior. Bullying is important to discuss and teach about but we can look to actual news media for materials if needed. We do not need to have this fiction in our kids' minds at young ages.
Adult Written bysweetsie145 April 9, 2008

WOW!! This book is really moving.

This book tells a story that not many people really get to look into in depth. It shows what consequences can really happen from endless taunting and teasing. It is a sad book, so give yourself some time to think about the events that happen. Todd Strasser has made yet another masterpiece of a book!
Adult Written bygeo51288 April 9, 2008

This book it's not good not even for a 13 year old.

If they have a book Rating I would have rated it Book-MR