Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Goodnight Moon

Ultimate going-to-bed book has stood the test of time.

Adult Written byLyndaSLP April 9, 2008

Great book!

Perfect book for bedtime! This book is a must-have for all children, the younger the better. What better way to prepare for bedtime, then to wish all sorts of things goodnight. Highly recommend for newborns and toddlers and preschoolers.
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy January 10, 2013

A goody from my youth.

I loved Goodnight Moon as a toddler,and yes,I still do.I'll seriously let my future generation kids read this book.It's relexing and positive.
Parent of a 2 and 6 year old Written byDogLover in DE June 3, 2011

Find the mouse!

Both my children loved this book --Although my son liked the companion book MY WORLD better. Both of them liked finding the little mouse hiding on each page.
Parent of a 2 year old Written bychildlitfan August 14, 2010

What parents don't know...

Parents should perhaps be aware of the Freudian messages and subversive reading of the text which is possible. See the analysis in Have a Carrot: Oedipal Theory and Symbolism in Margaret Wise Brown's Runaway Bunny Trilogy (available as an ebook at Smashwords)
Adult Written byfr0stedshad0w April 9, 2008
Adult Written bySpiff April 9, 2008
Wonderful classic for all ages!
Parent of a 2 year old Written byJbots Momma March 24, 2010

Adult Written byYomiko April 9, 2008

didn't care

I think I'm the only one who doesn't like this book. My eldest showed no interest in it at all and had more fun saying good night to his own toys then actually reading the book. This is one of those books that is supposed to prompt action but usually just ends up being read. I found it insipid; give me Dr. Suess anyday.
Parent of a 2, 4, and 4 year old Written byFowlerFan May 14, 2011
My two year old loves it. I have to admit ... I find it very odd.
Adult Written byGulseren M. January 3, 2018

Perfect bedtime for 2y+

We started reading this to my 2y old son kept reading till he was 3y. He liked to listen and completed the rhymes.

Educational Value