Kid reviews for Grasshopper Jungle

Brilliant end-of-the-world chronicle is unforgettably weird.

Based on 1 review

Teen, 15 years old Written bycola January 9, 2016
I loved this book. Its great.I really think it would be great movie material. There is a lot of sex stuff mentioned in it though but thats important to the story. The big grasshoppers are obsessed with sex. The main character and his girlfriend had sex. Sperm is also mentioned and there is alot of swearing:fuck mainly though,Fuck is also said meaning to have sex.This book was great though
Teen, 14 years old Written bycommensenseroseh July 22, 2017

Really really bad

Don't bother, seriously. I could go on about how bad this book is but I'll just lay out the facts. The word horny is used more than the main character's name. A rape scene is not condemned. Teenagers frequently smoke cigarettes- very cool- and call them f*gs to be edgy. There is graphic giant grasshopper sex and attack. The premise is cool, but everything else about this book is not. Sperm is referenced way too much, and there are many jokes about balls, penises, and basically everything else you can think of. The main charecter is attracted to his friend because of Robby's jawline and personality, and to his girlfriend because of her ass and boobs. It is definitely a struggle for him to choose. I could go on- you will honestly regret reading this book. For better sci fi books- Ender's Game, Animal Farm, The Knife of Never Letting Go. For better books about bi or gay boys, Coda, Carry On, and Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe. Seriously, just put this one back on the shelf.

Teen, 14 years old Written by19114ks July 16, 2018

Sucks

This book is terrible so don't even bother. Between underage drinking and smoking, constant mention of orgys and how horny the main character is, and the entire plot of grasshoppers taking over the world is just all together bad and not worth your time.