Kid reviews for Ground Zero

Ground Zero Poster Image

Based on 1 review

Traumatizing Book with a Terrifying Plot!

I had to read this book in school, and it was terrible. The plot is well written, and it provides a good message of bravery, but the violence is insane. In many chapters, death is a theme, not to mention how much it is described. I don’t suggest this, unless you are prepared to be scared.

Have not read the book yet but the reviews make it look like an amazing book. Hopefully a must read!

Amazing and emotional

It is an amazing book two - prescriptive book It is so emotional and heartbreaking and there is a lot of dead bodies and and loss. I didn't stop reading till i finished it, and i didn't stop crying. A MUST READ!!

GROUND Breaking

This book really brings the 9/11 and Afghaistan War to life. I haven't really exsperienced anything like this before, but Alan Gratz really helps you understand clearly what the Characters are going through. To see the pain, stuggle and freedom in this book is truely amasing. How he structures and writes this book is purfictly on point. This book gets a exsiding mark. This book is my favorite of all time.

a bit... graphic

their is places n the book where they describe the dead bodys and stuff, but I mean.. if youve read the authors other books you will be fine reading this one. but if you haven't I suggest reading 'projetk 1065' first. I think theirs less gory stuff in that one. but if you just want to get your children familiar w/ the author I suggest 'ban this book.'

It is an amazing book, but, it has heartbreaking details and lots of death.

Alan Gratz has to be one of my favorite authors! I have loved every single one of his books. When I saw he was coming out with Ground Zero I immediately bought it. Alike many of his other books the story alternates between two separate stories. This one alternates between Reshmina and Brandon. Brandon's story is about Brandon Cruz, he is nine years old, lives in New York, his mother passed away, and his dad works as a kitchen manager on the 107th level of the World Trade Center. Brandon gets suspended and comes to work with his dad on the day 9/11/ 01. I learned about the events of 9/11 at school, but the difference is that the book follows characters that you see die. It shows what it is like to be in it, rather than learn the facts. I don't want to spoil it, so I will just say a bit more. Brandon gets trapped in the building and separated from his father. He sees lots of death, pain, and fright. I had to stop and watch a happy movie at a lot of points because even though I would like to think I am mature when it comes to books, this was too much. One of the worst was when he sees guards covering dead bodies, parts of bodies, bloody stuff, and "stuff only seen in horror movies". He sees a woman walk through fire and get burned. He sees multiple elevators drop killing many. The book taught me about the past and what has occurred in the USA. It was educational to me and I learned more in it than in the whole school year of learning about it. It also opened discussions with my family. I wrote 12+ because I think that is a good age where you can take it in and be mature about it, but also learn. The other story followed Reshmina. Her story showed a war-filled poor side of life that I am unfamiliar with and it made me grateful. Reshmina had lost lots of friends and family. This included her sister Hila who was killed on her wedding day. The story is sad and action-packed. I don't want to go to into detail with this review so I will stop. It is a great book!