Kid reviews for Guardians of Ga'hoole Series

Great messages, heroic characters, just the right length.

Kid, 12 years old June 25, 2011

!!!Loving it!!!

I fell in love with the books! They are a great read for kids because they are very entertaining and teaches kids about leadership and doing the right thing. I have become so interested in owls now, i find them facinating. I must admit there is some violence but that just keeps you on the edge of your seet. I think about ten and older. A good buy and a fantastic story!

Teen, 14 years old Written bybarn owl October 24, 2011

Why you HAVE to read the Guardians of Ga'hoole Series

This book is great. The characters are some of the best ever, the plot so entracing that you cannot put the book dowwn!!! And to dnebe1, your right about eglantine. The only swearwords are hell ( althrough racdrops is a owl swearword) Down with the PURE ONES!!!!

Kid, 11 years old July 20, 2012

AMAZING. PERIOD.

Kathryn Lasky is my favorite author. All 15 books are great. I gotta disagree with this review, though. The last book is the saddest, not the first one.

Kid, 12 years old December 25, 2010

Look Mommie! An Owl Book! Oh, Mommie, the owl is about to die... Uh, can go find one on bunnies?

Seriously, this is an epic series. The storyline is original, the characters are believable, and the author does describe everything in great detail. Still, when I thought 'owl book', I did not think death, pain, mistrust, and torture. Before letting your kids read this, take a good look at the entire series. Perhaps they'll enjoy it.

Kid, 12 years old April 19, 2014

AWESOME (warning for those who just watched the movie and sorry it does contain spoilers )

OK. So lets just get this straight if you found the movie too violent put the book down. Although I loved it and found this book series very entertaining. The story is set in a world where humans (or the others as the animals now call us) have become extinct and owls and the other animals have evolved and now have laws etc. Soren who lives with his Ma, Pa, older brother Kludd and younger sister Eglantine is snatched by the evil owls of St. Aggies, still sound familiar movie watchers, well, after escaping with friend Glyfie Soren stumbles across fight-loving, free-flier and war-chanter Twilight and then timid Digger scared from a horrible experience were his brother was killed and eaten by other owls. the 5 then make their way to the great Ga'hoole tree and eventually find that the owl world has a greater treat then St. Aggies. The Pure ones led by Soren's older brother Kludd. I recommend it for older readers who don't mind violence and gore but also enjoy stories about leadership, sacrifice and of course owls. The books for first designed as non-fiction so they are filled with real life facts and are very intelligent.

Teen, 13 years old Written byWolfgirl23 May 14, 2011

Great Books

I love these books personally. They give great examples of cooperation and friendship. These are great books for story time. It's absolutely wonderful because it lures you to read more.

Kid, 10 years old May 14, 2011
Kid, 12 years old October 3, 2013

I loved it but it would not be appropriate for all children

I thought the series was really good but not appropriate for all children there was swearing such as H word and D word and there were some instances of violence that would give small children nightmares so i think the books are for children 10 and up

Teen, 13 years old Written byGainer11 November 23, 2013

One of the best MG series

Absolutely love this series! A lot of violence including battles. Most older kids can probably handle it.

Teen, 13 years old Written byAgent Klaw April 9, 2013

Good at first, but gets pretty violent.

I'm 12 years old, and I love the series. The only thing is, the first few books are fine, but then they get violent. For example, a character dies because his spine was hit and stabbed through his back. Another example, an owl got caught in a powerful wind that tore off his wings. Not the feathers, the whole wing.

Teen, 13 years old Written byadam8 January 21, 2013

Good!

This is a very good series. The movie is good too!

Teen, 16 years old Written byMaria Sarah October 24, 2012

An Inner Growth.

So much inspiration and faith. Teaches readers to believe in themselves, and mold a sense of spirituality and build a strong sense of mind and belief. It honestly broke my heart and I cried reading the last book because there would be no more after the 15th book. Amazing and original series.

Kid, 6 years old September 15, 2014

the best

I found it great! It may be boring at the beginning, but after that you just can't put it down. It is one of the best books I have ever read.

Teen, 14 years old Written byRogue, barn owl October 26, 2011

THIS. IS. THE. BEST. ANIMAL. STORY. EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teen, 14 years old Written byRogue, October 24, 2011

Rogue's reveiw

This is a awesome book. YOU MUST READ IT!!!!!!

Teen, 13 years old Written byjnebe3 October 24, 2011

Phoenix's review

I think it's one of the best book sereis i've read! There's a bit of violence sure but it is really awesome! Definetly a book for people young and old. Though the movie could use some work the characters are brilliant and quirky and your imagination soars as you think of the scenery! Good light People

Teen, 14 years old Written bydnebe1 October 20, 2011

Rogue's Review 'bout Guardians of Gahoole

This book is great for people young and old. It is riveting and dosen't involve to much violence or swearing (unless you are offended by the word "racdrops". You postively MUST read it. There's also the movie, but it's not as good, and Soren seems like a idiot. Rogue PS Eglantine rrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeaaalllllyyyyy cute!!

Kid, 11 years old July 15, 2011

Oh too viloant, oh to much death, COMON Death and blood is a part of life!

For goodness sake. Yes there is death. Yes there is graphics. But what would you rather have your kids learn, About owls + get used to stuff that hapens in real life, or How Hanner Montaner's boyfreind dumped her. Seriously!THis is something a two year old would enjoy, and that I myself, a preteen , read when she was still a kid. I enjoyed it, I understood it, I loved it, and the viloence GAVE this book it's originality. This book series is a buatiful, well written, well imagined, story of young owls, who face their fears, and discover a new enamy, and the leader being one of the mains brothers. I recomend this for ANY age.

Teen, 15 years old Written byRockonbrad September 17, 2011

"Awesome!"

Iv'e read the entire series and I still love them (I'm 15 years old). These books encourage children to stand up for what they "Beleive" in.

Teen, 13 years old Written bychristianlanzas September 15, 2010

Great for kids

I liked it when I read it and I would definately reccommend it to any kid.