Kid reviews for Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone: Harry Potter, Book 1

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone: Harry Potter, Book 1 Poster Image

A MUST READ

This series, best in the world. I recommend this to anyone who likes fantasy and adventure.

4 people found this helpful.

LOVE IT!!!❤️❤️❤️❤️

I am probably adding to thousands Of reviews that say the the same stuff but….. THIS BOOK IS AMAZING I feel every kid in the world should read this book this is a short review because my friends told me if I rote down just how much I love this book I would probably take up all the space this is the first book I read after I learned how to read!!!!

2 people found this helpful.
Magical start of the fantastic boy-wizard series.

*holds up sign that says "HARRY POTTER 4 LIFE"*

if this is "tOo bLaNd AnD bOriNg" for you....stop :D
1 person found this helpful.

I'm sorry to break it to you but I really don't like this book

Ok, I have a few reasons why I don't like this book. 1. Harry Potter doesn't really have a personality. 2. There are to many characters. 3. The book is slow and boring. 4. It is very complicated for some people. 5. Harry Potter is too perfect, which isn't realistic(even tho this is a fantasy book)

The Use of Magic may be tempting

Rowling created an epic series, certainly, but it can scarcely be called a classic if it has the definitely unclassic element of detailed magic. All of the spells that Harry says and does are detailed. While many spells have been proven to have Latin origins, some are just completely made up while others, according to an ex-witch, are real. While it is fantasy, the use of magic may be tempting for younger children, and that could ultimately prove to be a trial for many children.

BORING

The Harry Potter books are very boring and don't go at a fast pace
not rated for age

dangerous series

i think that this book and its series are not what people think. a lot of parents will go for these just because it gets their kids reading. i find that a rather stupid motive. give your kid something dangerous because it might get them to do something good? i have read this book and others in the series. the "good" characters frequently lie, disobey authority, cheat, and what's more, they are rewarded. i know many say that they had "good motives" but this only teaches that if someone has good intentions, he/she may use ANY MEANS in order to accomplish that for "the greater good." also, the main theme of the book is witchcraft. there are "good" witches and wizards and "bad" ones. witchcraft is very dangerous, and for those who dont know, its very real. kids can go on the harry potter website and actually learn spells, and other things about it. this book teaches that you may fight for good, but you can use deceitful means, it doesn't matter as long as you have good intentions. children will believe that they will be rewarded at the end of what they have done if its a good thing, yet it doesn't matter how they have accomplished it. this is a dangerous idea. i wouldn't give children this book for anything. though i will admit that it is written well, it is wrong for children to read. it will interest them in witchcraft, teach that lying, cheating, and disrespect to authority is alright as long as they get what they want. another issue is harry's "family." in the story they are not good people, but children who cannot get along with their parents, who may in fact be good and loving people, will associate them with harry's relatives, and simply conlude that since harry's family was stupid and mean, they did not deserve obedience and respect. many who read this will think im "nuts" and will write reviews in conflict stating "dont listen to that critical review this book is amazing blah blah blah..." well, everyone has a free will. but if you read the book maybe you'll notice these things when you didn't before.

IM STILL WAITING FOR MY HOGWARTS LETTER

I highly recommend it’s a very good book and is really fun to read. However, I’m still waiting for my Hogwarts letter…

IM STILL WAITING FOR MY HOGWARTS LETTER