Parent reviews for How to Be a Bawse: A Guide to Conquering Life

Honest, inspiring advice from popular YouTuber.

Adult Written byDrChinaWhite September 13, 2019

It's just a biography hidden to look like a self help book

It's alot about who Lily Singh is and her career history and her YouTube videos and most of her videos are written by her and make jokes about Americans and White people, so just know if your supporting her book you are supporting her racism, I was sorry I actually waisted time reading her book I thought I was going to learn something I didn't already know but she's just a YouTuber she has no education has never done research so the book is more like a biography advertised as a self help book, it may be good for older teens to read it may help them develop self confidence.
Adult Written byFilip G6 December 27, 2018

This book is life changing!

I strongly recommend it to anyone out there with BIG goals in life! I love Lilly, she inspires me and this book is literally, slowly but surely changing my life(as I'm still reading it).

Parent of a 11 and 13-year-old Written byAnna F. February 1, 2018

A Pretty PG Book

I let both of my daughters read this book after I took a look at it. They love watching this YouTuber! The book and the author are very PG. No explicit words are ever in their content. The occasional "hell" and "damn" are as far as it goes. She also sometimes uses the term "eff", but never actually says the very explicit word. I think most parents can agree that she is a PG YouTuber.

Parent of a 13-year-old Written byLaura M. February 1, 2018

My daughter loved it!

My daughter loved this so much! She said it really inspired her to work harder in school. For that, I have to give it 5 stars! I read over the book myself, and I can say that it is very mildly appropriate.

Parent of a 12-year-old Written byAlexa C. February 1, 2018

Inspiring and appropriate

My 6th grader read this and loved it! I'm pretty cautious over what she watches and reads, and I do approve of this. There is very mild humour, nothing too bad though. A great book for middle schoolers!