All parent member reviews for How to be Popular

Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 July 19, 2012

how be popular

Families can talk about other books and movies that deal with the concept of popularity. What other titles can you think of? How accurate are their depictions of what it's like to be "popular" -- and not? Are most popular kids really rich, gossipy, and mean? And if so, why would anyone want to be part of an A-group?
Parent of a 2, 8, and 12 year old Written bycremepie998 September 2, 2012

OK for mature kids...

My daughter saw this book in the local bookstore, read the back, and begged me to buy it. We decided I would read it first, and if it was OK, she would read it also. Its not a bad book. The kids swear a lot, and it mentions "Turkish Sex" but i think it is appropriate for kids 11 & up. Some people may call this irresponsible, and I sort of agree, so my daughter and I read it together. I taught her not to use fowl language and it is OK. In the end, the main character learns a lesson that is a positive message, although I wouldn't call her a role model. You must TRUST that your kid will read the book and won't go inappropriate. I trusted my kids. What about you?
Adult Written byedrianna September 19, 2010

Great t-weans and older kids.

I can read this book 1,000,000
Parent of a 12 year old Written byMikayla... December 6, 2010

Good for teens and tweens

My daughter read this book and loved it.She's 12 years old and read it for a project in literature. She was mainly concerned with the language. I'm just glad that I taught her to not use that kind of language but she won't repeat it. Thank the Lord. I read the book when it first came out and I loved it.