Kid reviews for Hush, Hush

Angel-human romance not nearly as heavenly as the cover.

Teen, 13 years old Written byJacobSartoruisFan21 March 1, 2017

MUST READ!!!!

Parents need to know that "Hush, Hush" is a book of mysterious in some ways. Its about a girl named Nora is an average sophomore student living in Coldwater, Maine. Nora was forced to sit next to this mysterious boy named Patch. Later in the book Nora finds out that Patch is a fallen angel who is willing to become human. The ending Nora defeated Chauncey, who is also known as Jules. Jules was one of Nora's friends. Nora Defeat Jules by jumping off the gyms rafter and sacrificed herself. This a Good but and im gonna continue reading the series.

Teen, 15 years old Written byTAG101 February 11, 2010

Perfect for High School and up, lowest being 7th grade

So totally amazing, I'm 15, in high school and this can help you if you are single.
Perfect for single girls, especially Patch ;D
Teen, 13 years old Written byErikaErikaErika January 26, 2010

Perfect for all teens

I loooved this book but it is difficult to understand. It has parts of the bible in it so... mabe advanced readers should read it. Overall 4stars

Teen, 15 years old Written byThe_Artemis_Malfoy June 12, 2021
I myself was a little concerned about the cover (although I thought it looked cool)
And I don't really like to read romance stories (like ever) but this is a really good one and if you look on the back of the book it says 14 and up so.... Yeah

Teen, 16 years old Written bygabim November 22, 2020

confusing and really disappointing

A really confusing and shallow book. The author didn’t develop any of the characters enough for us to like them. This book has really poorly written and confusing dialogues in which we can’t actually feel what the character is feeling. I would not read it again or recommend it to anyone whatsoever.
Teen, 14 years old Written byLiv4evah November 6, 2020

Awesome book

I loved this book and I couldn't put it down. I have read the entire series and I loved it. It isn't one of those stupid cheesy stories. Its awesome. Its about true love and a promise to never leave. People should have a relationship like nora and patch

Teen, 14 years old Written byThat one kid wh... November 4, 2020

Doesn't disappoint

Hush, Hush ain't your typical fallen angel/human romance story.

It's not actually all that risque, despite the fact that the main characters meet in a sex ed class. The main impression you get from this book is angst, and hoo boy is there a lot of it. Patch, [SPOILER ALERT] the fallen angel in question, is the bad boy who's simultaneously warm and harsh, and Nora, the protagonist and narrator, just gets sucked past his event horizon. Ther are ups and downs, lefts and rights, 180s and full on loop-de-loops in the roller coaster of the romantic plot.

And that's just one part of the story. The supernatural lore plays a vital role here. I'll admit, it's not as fully fleshed-out as it could be, but the world of Nephilim, fallen angels, and arcane rituals sucks you in and leaves you with more questions than you started with.

If you're a tween who likes angsty romance stories, then I wholeheartedly shove this book in your face, for it is perfect.
Teen, 16 years old Written bybooklover123456... September 1, 2020

My ride or die book

I love it. by far one of my favourite books to this day, you can't stop reading!
Teen, 13 years old Written byMilow March 24, 2020
Teen, 13 years old Written byajmuffin10 September 16, 2019

Hush, Hush Review

Personally, I think it's a really great book. There were twists I didn't expect, and when something like that happened it was executed really well by the author. It wasn't one of those out of nowhere twists, y'know? It actually had foreshadowing and proof in the story beforehand. I loved the creepiness of it when it was necessary. One thing I didn't quite like was the constant paranoia. But maybe that's what made the book so good and I'm just searching my brain for something bad to put in this review. Well, anyways, I really enjoyed it. Some kids may not completely understand the bible references, because even I didn't understand it at first.

Teen, 17 years old Written byKatelynnB2001 June 24, 2019

Hush, Hush

One of the best books i have ever read. Still to this day, it is my favorite book/ series to read and i have re-read it like 8 times. It helped me learn a lot about how i can be more independent and how love comes when it comes.
Teen, 16 years old Written bycreative_cutie January 21, 2019

An amazing book!!!!

I really love this book. I don’t read very often but I read this whole series in only a few weeks!!! To fully judge this book you must be a teen because adults may not understand it that well. If you don’t want your child to read a book that has more mature topics then it probably isn’t a good fit.

Teen, 13 years old Written bylyricallove December 27, 2018
This book is not only very interesting, but so interesting that I became obsessed! There is romance, action, and this book also gives you quite a scare as the author puts you in the shoes of the character. A must read, and nothing less.

Teen, 16 years old Written byxLostx October 18, 2018
Teen, 14 years old Written bylaura.oxxo March 4, 2018

Awesome.

This book is GREAT! Loved it!
I really recommend reading this book. It is filled with mysteries that get you thinking, emotion that makes you feel, and love that makes you wish you had it.

Teen, 14 years old Written byXitlaly M. December 2, 2016

love it

i loved this book. I thought that it had a good story line and the characters were great. I could barely put it down as i just had to know what would happen to Nora and Patch. It is a deinite must read if you like twilight!!!
im a vampire fanatic so i am obsessed with twilight this book is better nora is a good role modle she is risponsibull and allways trys to use her beest judgment but things gel a little steemy so i wouldent give it to a 11 year old maby 12 depending on how miture they are. good read great author bye it, read it, love it, obsess about it!

Teen, 13 years old Written byKhamyra S. November 16, 2016

Hush-Hush

What i think about this book.That its a really good book and everybody should read it.Here a short summary from the book.Nora Grey, a sixteen-year-old girl living in Cold water, Maine. Nora lives in with her mother, Blythe, in an eighteenth century farmhouse located on the outskirts of town. The house, located on Hawthorne Lane, has no neighbors.And just a lonely person.

Teen, 15 years old Written byann_lu October 22, 2016

Simply amazing - one of the best books I've read

I saw a review saying things like the reason for Patch wanting to become human, other than to have sex, was never mentioned - so very untrue. It makes me question if they just skimmed through the book or actually read it. He wants to become human because he wants to feel, both emotionally and physically; as a fallen angel, he can't. Other than that, the book can possibly be confusing at times, depending on the reader. But it's because everything makes you think twice - in a good way - and the suspense and action is so real, and I'm completely immersed into the words...which is something big, since I'm often an emotionless reader. I really highly recommend this book.

Teen, 15 years old Written byann_lu October 22, 2016