Kid reviews for Inheritance: The Inheritance Cycle, Book 4

Inheritance: The Inheritance Cycle, Book 4 Poster Image

One of My Favorites!!!

This book series is my favorite, along with the Adventurers Guild by Zack Loran Clark and Nick Eliopulos, and it was also the first time I'd been able to choose a favorite. I loved the story, and I could only find a few things I didn't like. The very end was disappointing, but other then that, I enjoyed every word. It all seemed so meant-to-be. The hardships the characters had to over come were inspiring, and it was very well written. There are a multitude of great role models in every book, and the messages in the story were easy to see. There was some violence and drinking, but in war, violence is kind of unavoidable. Readers who like dragons, magic, and Lord of the Rings will probably enjoy this series.

This is my favorite book series.

It has violence, sure. It has drinking, sure. However, it is an awesome book series. Fudge the people who give it less than 5 stars. Shame on you, Common Sense Media!!!!! This deserves 5 stars. Don't listen to everyone! Sure, it has a lot of tropes. But it's a great series. However, there is some blood and gore, and lots of danger. To Common Sense Media giving this 3/5 stars, SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!! The author created several new languages for the book! He's cool!

The Thrilling Finale to a magical story

This is a fantastic book with elements of magic, politics and adventure. The real thing that sets the book apart, however is the fantastic storyline. Additionally, the book teaches kids elements of real life, teaching them about politics, history, and internal conflicts while teaching teens that war is far more horrific than they know, an important factor is their view of global violence. I know personally that this book not only provided hours of non-stop reading and engaging storyline but also has been a key factor in teaching about the real world. This book is a must read book for all. Warning: there is a lot of unpersonalised violence, but really isn't that bad considering contemporary entertainment. P.S. There is no sexual activity of any kind, at any level.

The End to a Series

When I was... mm... first grade, my parents would listen to this on CD while in the car. I never really paid attention, hearing snippets here and there, but not enough to make any sense. Then, about a month before second grade ended, I checked out the first two books from the school library. I finished the series before the month was up- and most of that was waiting for the third book to come in! It never felt- well, violent, for the most part. There were really only a few scenes I felt were intensely violent throughout the series, one of which was a practice sword fight. I think it was because of the difference between the Lord of the Ring-esque war scenes- no major characters were severely injured, the dead mostly faceless soldiers. I don't even remember the smoking/drinking part and I've read this series maybe 8 times since then. I own two copies of the first book, and I've seen smaller and smaller kids wandering around school holding those books... Was I really that small?

Really long but really good!

This book is really good if you like having the characters developed and can read a long period of time. Once you start reading sometimes it can get a little slow but afterword you can understand appreciate the good parts of the book that are exciting. I won't spoil anything but this book has some great but gory and sad battle scenes and they're really fun to read! Read this book if you are 13 and up!

Best Book EVER!

The series wraps up in this amazing ending! Though a little overly violent, Eragon has humanoid emotions and is an understandable character. The dragons courting each other might be odd for younger readers. All in all it's an amazing book.

From a true fan

This book is amazing and an epic conclusion to the series. It does leave some questions unsolved, but I think that it is probably for the better, to let the reader decide themselves what happens from here on out. I have heard little birds tweeting that there might be one more that Paolini might add to this series. I would recommend that this book is not for kids (for Paolini has a lot more detail in this book [torturing, dark magic, bloody descriptions --like a all of a body's liquids -including eyes- being drained of fluid--]) It has a LOT of violence. There is some drinking like the past three books, but all in all, I really liked the book. I would recommend it to all my friends and family. But I would not recommend it for children to read.

Excellent writing... but...

Again, Christopher Paolini's works (if you don't consider the violence) are amazing in themselves. However, there are scenes with drunken people, abrasive language, and a lot- no, change that to a ton- of dead bodies and violence including several torture scenes. You must consider the maturity of your child before they read any books in this series, but it IS amazing.