Kid reviews for Instant Karma

Instant Karma Poster Image

No reviews yet.

Add your rating

Surprisingly funny, sweet rom com!

Marissa Meyer did it again! I wasn't planning on reading Instant Karma, the concept just sounded a little too cheesy for me, but I love all of Marissa Meyer's other books, so I decided to give it a shot. I was not let down. Just like in all of her other books the character development was amazing, and Prudence defiantly grew on me. The only thing that I would complain about is the swearing, there was a lot more than I thought there would be, as well as sexual innuendo, but it was otherwise clean and super fun.

Light, Cute, and Best for Romance Fans

To start things off—I am not a fan of the romance genre. But, I am a fan of Marissa Meyer’s writing, so I decided to give Instant Karma a shot. I was not disappointed! The plot was cute and fun, though decidedly predictable like most romance stories. This was the type of book, though I somewhat hate the genre, kept me up late at night wondering what was going to happen next. I didn’t find any objectionable content in the book; some kissing is described, along with flirting and romantic tension that should be expected, but that’s all that really stood out to me and it’s quite mild for a romance. Anyway, for someone who likes contemporary romances, this is a must read! Hope this helps :)

Pretty good!

I really like the character development in this book. At first Prudence is determined to think the worst of people, mean to her little sisters, and didn't care much for anything other than school or her twin brother, Jude. As she spends time with Quint at the sea animal rescue center, she starts caring for the animals, she stops worrying about her grade, but really cares for the animals. She also sees how Maya (a girl she was convinced was evil) is really a kind person and helped her. She played with her little sister. She saw the best in Quint. I said 12 and up because there is some swearing, and also there's a lot of romance at the end of the book. I think that Ari is a kind person in the book, and a great role model since she's musical and always thinking about others. In all, this was a great book!

I thought it was the perfect book to read this summer. It was funny, quirky with a touch of fantasy and a good environment message. The main characters for the most part were likable, but they had their ups and downs. The plot was well developed and seemed carefully thought out. I think it would be good for people who like a summer romance or a good read at for beach vacation.

Hilarious!

It was a good book!

This was a great entertaining, creative story that was very enjoyable. Although the main character started off a "control freak" and the point of the story seemed to be that she relax some, but she didn't really. by the end she didn't get any better, she simply got her way. Also there is one kissing scene that's extensive. but this is a fun entertaining story!

SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!

Fluff, karma, and romance enter into cute Rom-Com

First of all, it is GREAT, ROMANTIC, and Funny. Some kids may think it is too fluffy, but I loved it! (Also, I bought a signed copy that id GLORIOUS. Here:https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/instant-karma-marissa-meyer/1134231718) Anyhow: Violence= Not Present (literally slips and falls) Educational Value= 4 out of 5 Alot the girl spends her summer to get a better grade but 1 less for the towel dub. Sex=3 out of 5= Jude likes Maya. Pru refrence to how she once thought EZ (Ezra) was a sexual escapade .Not much until she starts to notice him, how she looks, and in one scene they stay together the night alone and take off their closeth to not get wet. That night, they kiss, hug, kiss, dub their towels. Pru giddily remembers the 6 hours of kissing and how her lips are "bruised" and wanting more. She describes it as "the best night of her life" and when Quint's mom comes in, they quickly "re-tie the towels they dubbed 6 hours before." Making out on a bike, so hard she accedentily falls off it. Quint says he had dreams about her lipstick and was a mean girl he sorta wanted to make out with. While watching Jaws, Pru mentions the "skinny-dipper". Pru never wants to forget the night, his lips, his smile. Later on, she mentions sexual harrasment. Ari has a crush on Carlos, a guy 10 years older than her. EZ, after stating that he's sexy, mentions to two girls that "they're not so bad themselves" At the end, Pru and Quint kiss passionetly, make-out, and kiss again including a time Quint blocks her, so she won't leave. It's a really good book that I think more maturer 12 year olds should be able to handle( 1 b word,) and all 13 yr olds, too, but if they don't read much romance, keep it for a little later.