Parent reviews for It's So Amazing!

Engaging, straightforward guide to sex ed basics for tweens.

Based on 1 review
Parent of a 8 and 10-year-old Written byElysse M. August 29, 2020

great book about human bodies and how they work

it may feel strange to introduce these topics to a kid that's 7 or 8. but by that time, they will likely start hearing about some mature topics from peers, at school or older kids at the playground.

as a parent/family member you have an important choice: do you want your kid(s) to learn YOUR values around sex, or someone else's? if you don't start the conversation before they finish elementary school, you've chosen the latter.

this book presents 100% scientifically-accurate information about human physiology, birth control, HIV, masturbation and sexual abuse in language appropriate for older elementary-school kids and tweens.

it can be tricky to figure out how to start sex education conversations with your kid(s) in middle childhood. this book is a great place to start! I always recommend Robie Harris's books whenever I do a presentation to parents.

Educational Value
Adult Written byMomTeachRead June 17, 2019

Such better books out there

I am 100% in favor of being completely honest with kids about life science. Don't buy the hype about this book, however. There is "honest," and then there is "unnecessary." Kids age 7 and up absolutely should be told the truth about where babies come from. But do they need to learn about contraception? Have it reiterated to them that abortion is ending a pregnancy, and consequence-free? For a book supposedly about how "amazing" reproduction is, it glosses over birth, and focuses entirely too much on every detailed aspect of physical relations you can think of--again, for 7+. There are much better books out there.

Parent of a 10-year-old Written byM Go Blue May 1, 2014

Good book for Preteens - Easy Read

I took out a few books and this is the one that my 9 year old boy liked the best. The graphics made it appealing for him to read and he liked the humor. It was very informative, and it kept his attention. I highly recommend this. I supplemented it with the "Body Book for Boys." I also liked "Will Puberty Last my Whole Life?" but didn't introduce that until he was older.