Kid reviews for Jinx

Witchy fun for Cabot fans. OK but not magical.

Kid, 12 years old December 13, 2018

Good book

It's a really good story. I won't spoil it but I will warn you it was drugs,
violence, kissing, references to sex and really manipulative magic. But it is not glorified or anything. The characters learn and develop. When I first read this book, I was nine and a lot of the stuff went over my head. For example I had no idea what "rolling a cigarette, until I realised it wasn't a cigarette at all" was, or what a "dealer" was. I didn't really understand what the book was about ether. Now I have re read it and I was like wow...really good book. I think a mature 12 year old should be able to read this book.
Teen, 14 years old Written byprettyfanny October 15, 2012

My couzin is a witch

It is very interesting but read only forr big kids like 12 threw ,something something ,something . it intertains young adults

Educational Value
Teen, 15 years old Written byChristian gurl May 29, 2011

Very unclean and not really good

No way, not for tweens, i read and thought, so inappropriate

Kid, 11 years old May 21, 2011
The book is strange in a way but still a good book. If there are any kids who like Meg Cabot and are stuck on a book or series to read, read the series: The Mediator. The series is about ghosts, love, romance, some mystery, the series is just too good to be true.
Teen, 14 years old Written byearthgurl December 17, 2010

Not a must-read

The author, Meg Cabot, is known for her humorous books about teen girls trying to fit in. I guess she kind of messed up this one. I missed her style while I was reading.

Kid, 12 years old June 27, 2010

One of my Favorite books of all time!

I loved this book, read it all in one day, wish there was another one just like it!
I love Meg Cabot shes an amazing writer!

Kid, 11 years old May 21, 2010

Fine For Teenagers

Teen, 13 years old Written bysarah-swift April 7, 2010

Amaaaaaaazing!!

It's reaaaallly niiiice!! Meg Cabot OWNS!! its a perfect mix of magic, romance and growing up troubles.. briill ;)

Teen, 13 years old Written bymsenziecullen April 3, 2010

amazing

amazing book.

Teen, 16 years old Written byMochito February 24, 2010

Teen, 15 years old Written byBookAddict October 29, 2009

Teen, 13 years old Written bybrenna leigh October 4, 2009

AMAZING

amazing book! I loved it! the ending is so awesome! I reread it about 3 times it was so good. I defiantly recommend it, though there is some violence, but overall a very enjoyable book.

Teen, 13 years old Written bymegan094eva June 27, 2009

Kept me hooked!

A great book, but drugs are largely a common theme. Also, there is a suicide attempt, although I reckon that a mature 12 year old could read it.

Teen, 14 years old Written byforgetregret93 April 9, 2008

Great read for teen girls

First, I want to say I am a HUGE Meg Cabot fan. I've read all the Princess Diaries, 1-800-WHERE-R-U's, Mediators, and All-American Girl, its sequal Ready or Not, Teen Idol, Pants on Fire, and How to be Popular. Once you've read at least five of her books, you get her pattern for the love story part (except with Princess Diaries). It does get annoying. And even though Jinx had the same pattern (girl-likes-guy-but-girl-doesn't-think-he-likes-her-but-he-does-and-they-live-happily-ever-after), it was exciting. Jean is like almost every character Meg writes in her books, except, instead of being a phsycic, a mediator, or a princess, she's a witch. Not only does it have witchcraft and romance, comedy plays a big part. This a great read for any Meg Cabot fan or any teen girl.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytori9lm April 9, 2008

pretty good

i like Meg cabot so it was a bit different but otherwise really good, But weird.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybballbabe April 9, 2008
i liked this book a lot
it had a lot of witchcraft and i dont believe in it but it was still a really good book
Teen, 13 years old Written bytrustyourkids April 9, 2008

great book!

lots of teen related subjects involved...not for kids

good book for fantasy/teen romance fans

Meg Cabot is one of my favorite authors, and I enjoyed this book. It is not as good as some of her other books (ie: Princess Diaries, 1-800-WHERE-R-U series), and the ending was pretty typical. But, the desriptions were vivid and the way magic was used was interesting. It wasn't really inappropriate and I would say that this book was a fun a read but the main character did not have as much depth as I would have liked to see.

A good read

This book was a real page turner, but it wasnt as good as I expected. Some parts just felt kinda fanciful, and I know this is a book about witchcraft, but some things felt faker than others.