Want personalized picks that fit your family?
Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.
Knuffle Bunny: A Cautionary Tale
A lot or a little?
The parents' guide to what's in this book.
What parents need to know
- Parents say
- Kids say
What's the story?
Is it any good?
Talk to your kids about ...
- Families can talk about Trixie's expressions, and how they help her communicate even though she can't yet speak. Point out her different facial expressions and see if you and your child can imitate some of them.
- Read the book again, this time focusing on the details. Look for Knuffle Bunny and find where he gets lost. Find the cameo of Pigeon from Mo Willems' popular series that began with Don't Let Pigeon Drive the Bus.
- How does Knuffle Bunny mix funny moments and sad moments? How do you feel when you lose one of your favorite things?
- Author: Mo Willems
- Illustrator: Mo Willems
- Genre: Picture Book
- Topics: Adventures
- Book type: Fiction
- Publisher: Hyperion Books for Children
- Publication date: September 1, 2004
- Publisher's recommended age(s): 3 - 6
- Number of pages: 40
- Available on: Audiobook (unabridged), Hardback
- Awards: ALA Best and Notable Books, Caldecott Medal and Honors
Themes & Topics
Browse titles with similar subject matter.
For kids who love picture books and humor
Our editors recommend
Top advice and articles
Common Sense Media's unbiased ratings are created by expert reviewers and aren't influenced by the product's creators or by any of our funders, affiliates, or partners.