Parent and Kid Reviews on

Our Review

Based on 3 parent reviews

Sort by:

A Beautiful, Gentle And Positive Book

As a mother of a sensitive, shy and artistic child, I was very grateful to find this gentle book about two kids who have their own unique ways of relating to the world. The book’s rhythms, comforting patterns and lush colors beautifully pair with the poetic storytelling. I too was one of those kids who hid at recess to draw pictures and think my own thoughts. Back then, I felt I was strange and wrong for being different. I wish I had been read this loving and accepting book. A very positive book for all children.

1 person found this helpful.

A Delightful Book For Children and Parents

What a beautiful picture book! I had to order this after learning the author of HOLDING SILVAN: A BRIEF LIFE mentioned she had a new children’s book coming out with Scholastic. What a creative way to illustrate a story about friendship, told through the eyes of a neurotypical child who likes to count everything. I loved how each page drew me in as I followed the Fibonacci sequence. I am sharing this book with my young grandchildren!

There's more to what we share than what marks us as different

This book offers so much, in so many ways... but not in obvious ways, so it requires a quiet sharing between child and grown-up, which is a beautiful and perhaps uncommon gift from most books. Each of the many times that we returned to this book, we saw new things, we felt more relevant connections, we learned more, we were more drawn in to the power of the subtle influences that impact all lives, even though rarely noticed. The Fibonacci Sequence, as it is introduced in Wesolowska's book, is accessible and meaningful... a treasured foundation for deeper and wider explorations that are as big as Life itself. Grateful to have found this book.