All teen and kid member reviews for Little House in the Big Woods

Teen, 15 years old Written byMisty waterfall January 4, 2011

Ok book for me

I have 2 say i think its for people that arent like me. I dident like it that much.Maybe its just me. I hope other people like it better than i did.
Kid, 10 years old March 23, 2011

Good for 8+ readers

I didn't like this book that much. Laura and Mary are great role models! Laura thinks of herself as ugly compared to Mary. In one of the chapters Laura thinks that her brown curls are dirt ugly while she is thinking Mary has beautiful long blonde curls.
Kid, 7 years old August 24, 2010

interesting book

it was good!!! it had serious subjects. it was a little long.
Kid, 10 years old June 30, 2009

pretty good

cute book!
Teen, 13 years old Written byDaisyisAmazing May 19, 2015

Little House In the Big Woods

This book is utterly amazing and I have read it about 50 times! It shows what life was like back in the olden days and I would definitely read it again!
Kid, 10 years old March 6, 2013

Sweet Book

This is really a sweet book I read it when I was seven. It does talk about hunting and wolves but, I think it is fine if your child is not easily scared
Kid, 12 years old October 27, 2011

Best Book For You

A good life lesson
Teen, 15 years old Written bycrystle98 September 25, 2010

perfect

very great i loved it my little sister loved it i read it to her at night. there is a little violence with animals but thats fine to some ppl
Teen, 17 years old Written bymjett5577 June 24, 2016

Cute, quaint story perfect for kids

Summary: This treasured classic is told through 4 year old Laura's eyes, and is the story of Laura Ingalls Wilder. Mary and Laura live in the big woods with Ma, Pa, and Baby Cary. Life in the Little House can fun, exciting and adventurous. Plot: There really isn't a true plot to this story. The main point is character building. The family elements are extremely strong and that was a great element in the story. Characters: Laura is a 4 year old, but it is fun to see things through her eyes. Mary, her older sister, is like Laura in ways, and some ways not. I found all the characters in this story enjoyable. Overall: This was an incredibly cute story. I'm so glad I read this. I cannot wait to read Farmer Boy. Recommendations: I think this is perfect for 3rd grade, but as a 13 year old, I still immensely enjoyed this book. There isn't any violence or content so it's perfectly family friendly, as most people know.
Teen, 13 years old Written bygilgamesh August 20, 2015

This really got me interested

I loved this book. One of the best.