Parent and Kid Reviews on

Our Review

Based on 20 kid reviews

Sort by:

Teens.

I love this book. honestly i think anything teen needs to read this book. in my opinion, i should teach teens not to go away with strangers even if they look safe. it helped me i'm only 16 and i feel like this book taught me something.

It's better for older kids

People do need to see how other people or kids on earth are treated differently...But it was a very good book very descriptive..

a 16 year olds point of view

I hated this book. I read this when i was 15 and i was left feeling very disturbed. I'm 16 now and just reading what was said about the book leaves me feeling more disturbed. To think someone would actually write this and put it on shelves a for a teen to read is horrible.

Perfect for teens

I read this book and loved it!!! It was amazing!!! There are a couple of not so good stuff like sexual behavior. But over all if you are mature enough you will be ok on reading this book. I really believe you should read this book.

Everyone should read!

My mom read this book before I did when we were on a road trip. I had handed it to her so that she would stop bugging me about how bored she was. I watched her read this book, and was surprised to see my mother balling at the end of it. She turned around in the front seat, look at me dead on and told me she didn't want me to read it. I was a little shocked, because being a teenager, I had never heard these words before. I had read a lot of strong subject type books, and never once had she said anything to me about them. Eventually, she changed her mind and told me to read it, but to be aware of what I was reading. Yes, it is graffic, but it is also realistic. Wouldn't you rather your child know what is happening in the world, then to hide them from it? After all, knowing is better protection sometimes then not knowing. I am glad my mother let me read this book. I think Scott did a great job with her writing of the novel, and I'm glad she published it. I hope you allow your kids to read it if it is something they are interested in. Also, I hope you read it too. It might open your eyes a bit.

Great book!

I'm 13 and read this book in about a day i think this book is appropriate for ages 13+ but it also depends on how mature the person is this book is very well written and it shows how bad the world really is. If children read this despite the language and sexual behavior.. it could be a life lesson for them what can happen to them if they follow strangers, or run away from your parents or a group your suppose to be in etc. But anyways if you think your child is mature enough to handle this book then you should let them read it because it is a very good novel and you wont be able to put it down.

May be disturbing to younger teens

I thought this book was a little disturbing, but I would still let a younger teen read it if they wanted to. I also think that it was very well written.

It was just plain creepy

I personally loved this book. It is depressing but very educational. I just picked it up today and finished it in two hours. You will not be able to put this book down. I read all genres of books, but I always make it a point to pick a book like this at least once every month.

Love this book!

iLove htis book. i really in 3 days and i think it was really sad. i think 13 years old & up could read this. Even though it has a lot of violence and inappropriate things..... i think you could actually learn something :] Well thats my opinion :]