Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Lost My Name Books

Fun, personalized tale of kid's quest to find lost name.

No reviews yetAdd your rating
Parent Written byPenelope C. January 2, 2017

Great idea; terrible execution

The idea of the book being personalized to a child's name is brilliant, really. The ability to choose which animal for each letter is even better. But the content itself is terribly clumsy. Everything is in awkward rhyme -- rhyming for the sake of rhyming without paying attention to the natural flow of language. The tone is casual, but there are slang phrases and references young kids typically wouldn't understand. My child wants to read this every day because it has her name in it (we received this as a gift), but I summarize as I read because I can't bring myself to read this drivel to her. The illustrations are colorful but not captivating. Even the entire point of the book -- to find the lost name -- is poorly done. The name is just thrown onto the last page like an afterthought with no clear resolution about it. I think this could have been an amazing idea, but as it is, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
Parent Written byDiane S. December 29, 2016

Fabulous addition to my grandsons library

I purchased this for my 3 year old grandson for Christmas and he was a captivated audience. He loves when grandma reads with him and this book is a huge success. He makes me read it over and over.

Educational Value