Parent reviews for Midnight for Charlie Bone: Children of the Red King, Book 1

Mild but enjoyable fantasy good for middle grades.

Adult Written byAmslovesgod February 13, 2016

Pretty Good read

You may need to explain some British words to your kids but other wise a safe read to introduce young readers to fantasy reading.

Parent of a 3, 5, 7, and 8-year-old Written by6whittingtons October 27, 2009

I reccomend the entire series!

I love this entire series. Charlie discovers his magical ability and has to come to terms with what that means for him and his family. Going to Bloors Academy for the gifted puts him in contact with other magical kids where he makes both friends and enemies. Mysteries abound in this series and through cooperation, friendship and the love of family Charlie finds himself unraveling most of them. Adventurous, good, clean fun!

Adult Written byPeterNZ September 1, 2020

Harry Potter Lite, but it still engages

Absolutely agree with Common Sense Media's "Mild but enjoyable fantasy good for middle grades." It's Harry Potter meets Famous Five, with too many similarities to list. It doesn't shine like the original, with some clunky plot lines, revelations that are well telegraphed and saggy dialogue. That said, it kept my 8 year-old (reading age of a 10 y.o.) spell-bound , and he is chugging happily through the rest of the series.

Adult Written byyaray April 18, 2015

best book ever!!!!

Adult Written byweasly September 22, 2010
great!!!!! why does everyone have to compare to hp!!! com'on we all know nothing will be as good as hp is!!!! Anyway i love this book.
Adult Written byehliman16 April 9, 2008
Adult Written bymusic11 April 9, 2008
Adult Written bylsdgls April 9, 2008

Fabulous!

What a great book! Perfect for young Harry Potter fans. Kids should read the whole series. Very exciting yet wholesome read.
Adult Written bymegnkyle April 9, 2008