Kid reviews for Midnight for Charlie Bone: Children of the Red King, Book 1

Mild but enjoyable fantasy good for middle grades.

Teen, 16 years old Written byDarkdani17 November 16, 2010

like a shorter harry potter haha

This was a good book and it's totally awesome to see all the kids powers

Teen, 16 years old Written byanime_freak004 April 9, 2008
Kid, 11 years old January 4, 2011

i love how the picture has the main characters in it and i love how they wrote the name

I LUV IT

Educational Value
Teen, 15 years old Written byski123 April 9, 2008
an enjoyable fantasy book. Nothing special but fun all the same. If you like it, be sure to check out the next 4 books in the series.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydogtrbl6 April 9, 2008

AWESOME!

Midnight for Charlie Bone is about a boy who finds out he has special powers. He finds out that he has powers when we got a photo that was mixed up with his. When he looks at the photo he starts to hear a conversation that took place when the photo was taken. The conversation was about a baby girl who has been taken away from her family and locked away at Bloors Acadamy. When his evil grandmother finds out about his powers she and her sisters force Charlie to go to Bloors Acadamy. Bloors is a school for geniuses and the specially gifted like Charlie. When Charlie gets to Bloors Acadamy he remembers what he heard from the photo and tries to find out where in the school she is. With the help of new found friends Charlie has must find and save the girl named Emma Tolly.
Kid, 10 years old June 11, 2013

Great book!

I think Charlie Bone is an awesome book for lots of people who like mystery, magic and fantasy. Charlie bone is a book about a little boy who has to go to a school where you have to be good at music, art or drama. But Charlie is endowed like a few other people at the school. They are the children of the Red King.

Kid, 12 years old January 6, 2009

A half-hearted novel.

Jenny Nimmo seems to have just one day decided to make a series as good as Harry Potter. And yet, the work comes off as only half as good as it could be. Something CB fans may not know is that even though the other four following books are listed here, there are two other CB books that Nimmo released without warning: CHARLIE BONE AND THE BEAST, and CHARLIE BONE AND THE SHADOW, both of which are about as good - if not worse -than this one.
Teen, 13 years old Written bystarman April 9, 2008
Teen, 13 years old Written bynumberoneMaximu... April 9, 2008

The Next Closest Thing to Harry Potter

I really enjoyed this book. There isn't much violence, but a few moments of it. I think Charlie is as curious as Harry Potter because he is always in places he shouldn't be in and is always getting himself into trouble.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybananabrain04 April 9, 2008
It is kind of like a milder Harry Potter, but it is still very different. I really enjoy them. Some violence , but not to bad good book for parents who are concerned that Harry Potter is to dark for their children.(not as dark, but still good). The rest of the series is very good to.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjenny.barnett14 June 13, 2011

Stolen from Harry Potter

Im completely dedicated to Harry Potter and it therefor ticks me off at the obvious resemblence between HP and Charlie Bone. but for young kids its a good book.
Kid, 12 years old April 11, 2011

Prefect for a 8 or 7 year old

Ok, like ages ago I hated reading! But then I read All of the Charlie Bone series and now my life is filled with books. Trust me this book is amazing along with all the other Charlie Bones.

LOVE IT

I LOVE this series!!!!! once i start reading the book its hard to stop!
Teen, 13 years old Written bypapascrep April 9, 2008

Harry Potter remake

Charlie Bone compared to harry potter is terrible. However, I found the story itself to be entertaining nontheless. But, if you were to ask me which was better, I would definitally say Harry Potter.

Charlie Bone

This book is okay. I do say that there is some witchcraft in this, so if you don't support witchcraft, this book might not be suitable for you. There are some evil aunts in this book that like to terrorize Charlie and his Uncle. And, of course, they do commercialize the book.