A lot or a little?
The parents' guide to what's in this book.
What parents need to know
- Parents say
- Kids say
What's the story?
Is it any good?
Talk to your kids about ...
- Families can talk about the trend of reimagining fairy tales for older audiences in books and films. Why do you think this is popular right now? What's the appeal?
Stories about special schools for witches, wizards, or kids with magical or super powers are also popular. What others have you read? How does this one compare?
- Author: Shelby Bach
- Genre: Fantasy
- Topics: Magic and Fantasy, Adventures, Book Characters, Fairy Tales
- Book type: Fiction
- Publisher: Simon & Schuster
- Publication date: July 24, 2012
- Publisher's recommended age(s): 8 - 12
- Number of pages: 352
- Available on: Paperback, Nook, Hardback, iBooks, Kindle
- Last updated: June 19, 2019
Our editors recommend
For kids who love Fantasy and adventure
Themes & Topics
Browse titles with similar subject matter.
Top advice and articles
Common Sense Media's unbiased ratings are created by expert reviewers and aren't influenced by the product's creators or by any of our funders, affiliates, or partners.