Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Olive, the Other Reindeer

Modern holiday classic stars a spunky, imaginative dog.

Adult Written bynduns December 15, 2010

Surprisingly fun story even if you're not a kid

Although I'm a little surprised there isn't a review for the 45-minute film adaptation. That was also a lot of fun. (And surprising that Matt Groening made it) Honestly, I highly recommend both this and the movie. Both are absolutely brilliant in their own right and can appeal to both kids and adults in their own right.

Parent of a 8 year old Written byBeth101 September 18, 2009

holiday classic

Olive is a sweet dog. She embodies the holiday spirit. This is the rare book that has a positive message for the kids and will absolutely entertain the adult reader too.

Parent of a 9 year old Written byTora Gwen May 11, 2010

Too cute!

My daughter and I love this book! I bought it for her the Christmas she turned four, and she still loves it. The illustrations are absolutely beautiful, and she loves the way Olive does his best to help out Santa. He stands out and uses his talents to the best of his abilities. I honestly admire Olive a bit, as I probably wouldn't have had the courage to try something as daring as that. Addison admires Olive as well, too, and thinks he's adorable. She still asks me to read this to her every Christmas, and it's gotten to be a sort of tradition in our house. Overall, it's beautifully drawn and very nicely written. A great children's book.

Parent of a 3 and 8 year old Written byMommyLynn November 29, 2009

Looove it!

AMAZING book for the ages! i know my children will carry on the tradition of reading this fun uplifting, beautifully drawn book. I would buy one for everyone i know.