All teen and kid member reviews for Once Upon a Marigold

Kid, 11 years old November 7, 2010

Perfect

A nice tale. I think that most kids(girls at least) should read this. On a scale of 1-10, I rate it an 11.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAcacia J December 19, 2011

Good read

This book was a great read. Despite what other reviews might say, the weddings were talked about as if they were average day events, nothing special (there was only one kiss). This book displays love (nothing intense), friendship, family, loyalty and many other great things to learn from. Queen Olympia is where the more edgy things come in. So she has plans to possibly murder her daughter and husband if they get in her way for the throne. She is a tad bit violent (no blood or bruises) , she is rude, she doesn't treat her family they way they should be treated. But she gets her proper punishment showing the kids that what she was doing was wrong. Overall, this is a good book and I don't think that there is anything you need to shield your kids from.
Kid, 11 years old April 16, 2010

AWESOME BOOK

Three words: LOVE THIS BOOK!!! A fairy tale that is beautifully written and constructed. One of the best books I've read. It has funny, edge of your seat, romance, fantasy, sad, and hilarious parts. Read this book NOW!
Teen, 15 years old Written byilikepie44 August 28, 2011

fine

its really good if you like fairy tales
Teen, 14 years old Written byh8rPatrol December 21, 2010
Kid, 12 years old August 18, 2010

Read it.

Really really good book. Keeps your attention. My problem is that at times Christian and Marigold get so lovey dovey that I feel uncomfortable, almost like I'm listening in on their conversation. I loved it and everything about it. Read the second novel.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybook_worm_ October 24, 2009

good fairytale for kids, preteends, and teens.

I read this book about 2 years ago and really loved it! I think this book is good for ages 8-14. Loved it!
Kid, 6 years old February 14, 2013

I didn't particularly llike this book that much, but i can see how it might be appealing to other readers. If i could, i would rate this book a 2 and a half out of 5!!!

Personally, i did not love this book. I see how it could be appealing to other character types, but for me, it lacked some excitement and individuality! I mean, i see that it could interest readers, with its edge that keeps you wanting to read more. But i think that the "comedy" side of the book was just not funny whatsoever! That, and the lovey dovey romance talk between Christian and Marigold (that didn't even seem real) were the 2 main things that i didn't love about this book! This was given to me as a school book group assignment, so reading the book was not a choice, it was mandatory. In my time of reading the book, i would not say i despised it, neither liked it. I am going with somewhere below okay!!!
Kid, 11 years old December 10, 2010
i loved it! but i lost the book somewhere and i want to read the rest really badly!!! can anyone tell me where to go?
Teen, 13 years old Written byMisty72996 May 1, 2010
I love it. Once Upon a Marigold is a very good novel. When i was ten i saw it and thought that I would not like it, but it turns out I did. :)
Kid, 12 years old October 12, 2009

Loved It!

I just finished reading this book and it was amazing! It's very good for any teen who loves a good fairytale. I like the cover. It says: part romance, part comady, part everything-but-the-kicten sink.