Kid reviews for Paper Towns

Paper Towns Poster Image

vv good, kinda unsettling in the best way

I mean, I read it when I was 13 and it wasn’t anything I’d never heard before (in terms of sexual innuendo and swearing). And even tho the ending was sorta unsatisfying, I still enjoyed it a lot. John Green is a really eccentric, thoughtful, realistic, and generally cool writer, I always love his books sm. Not for everyone tho

Cussing

Paper towns is a great book for older teens my kid wanted to read it and she is 10 I read it first and it is NOT appropriate for a 10 year old it has a lot of “fucks” and “shits” I told her no because of the cussing and sexual references very inappropriate for people under 15

suck

the characters are annoying, the plot is repetitive and a poor shot at having a deeper meaning. I do not recommend to anyone.

A Lot Of Swearing

Though Paper Towns keeps you on edge throughout it, there is a lot of language. The book itself is a little confusing, depending on how you interpret it. Not my favorite, but I know many others who love it.

Bad

This book was bad, the plot was lacking , so we’re the characters and so was the writing It’s your classic ya literature - rude hyper sexualised banta, partying, drinking etc. Honestly it was just bad DONT waste your time

good book for teens

this book has lots of swearing including about 4-5 f words, frequent use of d*mn, sh*t, hell etc. the plot is amazing and i love the story. references to sexual things are made frequently but aren’t horrible especially if you are a teen who hears these things at school. i recommend for any mature 12 year olds or any older person!

I laughed, I cried, I died a little. What did you expect, it is John Green

This book is absolutely fantastic, I believe it potrayes the experiences of young adult life quite well ( wouldn't be able to talk from experience though) and in all is incredibly smart, witty and humours. There is quite a bit of sexual humour but thats to be expected when one's reading a book about a bunch of 17 year olds other than that I'd say it's appropriate for anyone over 11 who feel comfortable reading such topics

The book is far less inappropriate than the movie...

The book and the movie of Paper Towns were both fantastic, though, the book was far less inappropriate. The book deals with awesome messages and role-models for teens. What makes it more for mature readers is its language, "f--k", "s--t", "b---h", and "damn", plus its few brief descriptions of a sex scene (VERY MILD). I'd highly suggest that if you're child is 12, 13 and maybe 14, to read the book yourself before you make a decision.

Loved it!

It is a very enjoyable book to read. Margo Roth Spiegelman had always loved mysteries but after Quinten Jacobsen's "best night ever" she became one. The book has great messages and sacrifices about friendship. Also there is a lot of drinking and sex. There are scenes that the main characters break into abandoned buildings. All that aside, it is a great mystery and romance book. It will be enjoyable for older teens but not younger than 14.