All parent member reviews for Peter Pan

Parent Written byartexas2012 July 16, 2013

Warning: the book is DIFFERENT from the Disney movie

(Spoiler Alert) I read this out loud to our family on the way to Disney World. I had to do some verbal editing as I read because there are a variety of things that I did not want to read to my 8 year old. There are words used that did not seem appropriate for children. The other word for donkey is used more than a handful of times. It describes Tinkerbell wearing a negligee. It also has a LOT of violence, describing killing and other villainous acts. I know it is a classic, but I just want to warn other parents that this is not the same story that Disney tells us. I completely skipped the half-page near the end where it describes how Tinkerbell is dead... I think that would have devastated my daughter! Also, Peter Pan is really not very likable in the book - he is very self-centered and sort of an anti-role model.
Parent of a 9 year old Written bySandra Higgs June 6, 2009

1 book a day for Dosemond

I really don't know yet, because the review of the book has not been sent so I can let my child read it.I came to this web site so he could become more knowledgeable in his writing skills. thanks
Parent of a 9 year old Written by27554 November 29, 2010
Parent of a 4 and 7 year old Written byhannahrose April 28, 2011

When I read this book, I wished I had read it sooner!

I cry every time I read the end of Peter Pan. This book has everything good in it! Perfect read-aloud: you'll enjoy it just as much as your children!
Adult Written bypeterpanfreak April 9, 2008
Adult Written byllarson April 9, 2008

Simply a classic.

"Peter Pan" has always been a favorite as far as the classic children's stories go. This {story} is great for children of all ages. Teenagers and adults will continue to find new meaning in this timeless story. Something everyone can relate to.
Adult Written bytommysportsgirl April 9, 2008