All parent member reviews for Peter Pan

Parent Written byartexas2012 July 16, 2013

Warning: the book is DIFFERENT from the Disney movie

(Spoiler Alert) I read this out loud to our family on the way to Disney World. I had to do some verbal editing as I read because there are a variety of things that I did not want to read to my 8 year old. There are words used that did not seem appropriate for children. The other word for donkey is used more than a handful of times. It describes Tinkerbell wearing a negligee. It also has a LOT of violence, describing killing and other villainous acts. I know it is a classic, but I just want to warn other parents that this is not the same story that Disney tells us. I completely skipped the half-page near the end where it describes how Tinkerbell is dead... I think that would have devastated my daughter! Also, Peter Pan is really not very likable in the book - he is very self-centered and sort of an anti-role model.
Parent of a 9 year old Written by27554 November 29, 2010
Parent of a 4 and 7 year old Written byhannahrose April 28, 2011

When I read this book, I wished I had read it sooner!

I cry every time I read the end of Peter Pan. This book has everything good in it! Perfect read-aloud: you'll enjoy it just as much as your children!
Parent of a 9 year old Written bySandra Higgs June 6, 2009

1 book a day for Dosemond

I really don't know yet, because the review of the book has not been sent so I can let my child read it.I came to this web site so he could become more knowledgeable in his writing skills. thanks
Adult Written bypeterpanfreak April 9, 2008

Adult Written byllarson April 9, 2008

Simply a classic.

"Peter Pan" has always been a favorite as far as the classic children's stories go. This {story} is great for children of all ages. Teenagers and adults will continue to find new meaning in this timeless story. Something everyone can relate to.
Adult Written bytommysportsgirl April 9, 2008