Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Ramona and Her Father

A timeless classic with the fab Ramona!

Parent of a 4, 7, and 9 year old Written bygonzi August 14, 2013

We love Ramona!

My daughters are 9 and 7 and both love Ramona stories. I find them a little dated at times, given they were written decades ago but Beverly Cleary has great insight into the minds of children - what makes them mad, what frightens them etc, and I think there are many parallels to modern situations -particularly a parent's job loss and how kids can perceive this. I can remember reading Ramona stories when I was a girl so I confess to feeling a little nostalgic about the world before Playstation and Facebook. I think the writer has a great deal of respect for children, and this shows in her sensitive portrayals.
Parent of an infant, 1, 4, 11, and 18+ year old Written byAdrianna R. August 13, 2016

Not like Ramona...

I hate seeing book characters take the weight of the world on their shoulders. Ramona is not bright and cheery like usual, instead her whole world crumbles. It teaches kids a good lesson though. Ramona doesn't understand how work takes up her mother's time, and volunteers her mother to make her a sheep costume for a Christmas Play. Her mother doesn't sew an actual sheep costume, she just throws together what she can find. This does not please Miss Spoiled and she justs complains the whole time. Not Ramona Quimby. A different little girl with the same name.