Kid reviews for Ready Player One

Ready Player One Poster Image

My favorite book, tons of references!

Either this or Harry Potter is my favorite book of all time. I'm 11 I did just fine with it, but their is a lot of violence , sexual references, drugs, and if anyone cares, a lot of consumerism, if you can even call it that, because most of the stuff referenced is obscure 80s stuff, which I got most of because I'm a nerd and have been basically studying videogame history since I was like 8 or 9, and most of this stuff is not even for sale yet. Anyways, if you even remotely like stuff considered nerdy, this is a must read.
My favorite book and it had a pretty good sequel too. Lots of swearing and it talks about how the main character buy a robot that he basically has sex with. Really good

This book is phenomenal. I write, I love writing especially breaking down books. It takes some time for the reader to actually get into the book but it is amazing. I have seen reviews on the book saying things like "there is no character development" or "this goes against my religion and is cringe". I want to set something straight, this book does involve character development. A group of teens staring out as rivals become friends. Ernest Cline is a fantastic writer and the whole overall plot of the novel is amazing. If you have gotten offended by this book or you define it as "cringe" you are not mature enough to read the book and understand its concept. I would recommend not giving your child thirteen and under this book. The only reason I say that is because there is a scene in this book where the narrator pleasures himself. But as a reader and a writer, I do recommend reading this book.

Amazing

Oh man this book is *amazing*!!! This book will take you on a rollercoaster you never want to get off. Wade is a surprisingly understandable hero that has a way of making you want to root for him. I have read this book three times over, the first time staying up till 4am to fininsh it!! However since this is a book review, I'll point out the few flaws. One, the book has tons of swearing. Most of it's smack talk and like an oh {insert cuss word here} when they're in trouble, but overall it's a lot. It's easy to get past, but if you're unsettled by these things then don't read. Two, around I want to say around the middle, Wade talks a lot about, shall we say, health class related stuff. He takes on some *very* weird habits, but thankfully doesn't go super in depth about describing them. It's a bit of a flag, but that's really the only sexual stuff I noted. And believe me, I'm very squeamish around sexual topics and this barely bothered me. But again, if it bothers you, wait. Overall, I *****loved******* the book. Even more than Marie Lu's Legend. I have decorated my room, and laptop to be Ready Player One themed, which tells you something. It's really really really easy to get past the suspicious stuff and it becomes the best read ever.

Only for teens

Do not get this book for tweens just teens my reasoning a.) there’s a lot of cussing b.) there’s a part ONE part where it talks about sex for like 7 minutes c.) there’s going to be a lot of references that they might not get from the 80’s d.) watch the movie first if you haven’t already just do it. It will make so much more sense when you watch the book.

It’s Amazing

It’s an amazing book with a lot of language set in a sad future with amazing characters.

Cool Idea for a virtual reality future!

This is by far one of my favorite books that I've read! I've read it 3 times and like it every single time that i read it. it shows what humans can do and I think it is a perfect choice for a person that is into VR.

Great

Amazing story. Anyone will love it, but there is a LOT of language.