Kid reviews for Rebel of the Sands

Wild West meets Arabian Nights in exciting fantasy kickoff.

No reviews yetAdd your rating

Teen, 17 years old Written byPortia0623 September 28, 2017
Teen, 13 years old Written byTotalNerd July 22, 2018

AMAZING book!

This is an ABSOLUTELY AMAZING book, and I can't wait to get my hands on the sequel! This is a must-read for book lovers. There is some violence, with descriptions of people being burned, shot, beaten, and other violence like that. For sex, there are a few passionate (but vague) kisses, and mentions of women having children with mythical beings. For drinking, main characters do get drunk a few times, and a small hangover is mentioned. There's really no swearing that I noticed. The book has strong role models and good messages, like sticking up for yourself and persevering. Definitely read this book! You won't regret it :)
Teen, 14 years old Written byCatherineRoche November 14, 2018

A Lot More Sex Than Commonsense Mentioned

The world is one where women are regarded pretty much as objects, and are considered "worthless" and are hanged if they have premarital sex. So, if a man was to rape a woman, she would be hanged. The word "sex" is never outright used, but "lying with" is a few times, and talking about a man making a woman pregnant and the like. Passionate kissing and hugging. D*m* (including with the Lord's name) and h**l are used pretty frequently, a** twice, b***h one or twice. Women are referred to as wh**es, sometimes with the literal meaning of being a prostitute. A man is described as always trying to grab pieces of the main character's cousin. Fighting with injuries and deaths, but really nothing gory. Characters as young as fifteen get drunk and drunken people are mentioned many times. I would label this one high school and up. /// Content aside, I LOVED this book. It kept me on the edge of my seat with amazing characters, a well-built world, perfect pacing, and wow I loved it.